Chapter 11

You stared out at the foggy sea through the window, anxious to be on a boat with all that has happened on the last two you had been on. The men were talking about food and the possible culture shock, to which you only half listened. During the trip to your new destination, you managed to get some sleep in. Thankfully, nothing had happened, so you gained all of your energy back, charged and ready to go. You could see through the fog now. You were docking, and you felt a bit nervous. All of these countries were amazing and all, but it still didn't make you any less nervous about the crowds of people. Your eyebrows furrowed slightly.

"(Y/N), are you alright?" Avdol asked, putting a hand on your shoulder.

You looked up at him with a small smile.

"Just a bit nervous. That's all," you answered.

He hummed and nodded.

"I assure you that you'll be just fine," he responded with a smile of his own.

You nodded and grabbed your things. It was time to get off the ship. As soon as you did so, however, you were bombarded by citizens asking to do things for you. You hated this big crowd. It felt like it was suffocating you... Were you actually not breathing?... No, you were breathing, but really fast. Were you hyperventilating?... You were. You pushed through the crowd, eyes wide with fear and anxiety. You made it through and ran a short distance away, panting as your heart raced a million miles an hour. You hated the feeling of being surrounded. You weren't afraid of tight spaces, only being surrounded by people. Queen appeared as it sensed your discomfort, running a hand through your hair to calm you down.

'Shhh... It's alright,' it seemed to whisper. You took a few deep breaths, your heart starting to slow. A hand was placed on your shoulder, and you jolted, running a few steps back. Polnareff looked surprised. You blinked before giving an awkward laugh.

"Sorry. You startled me," you apologized. He smiled.

"No. It's alright. I should have called out for you," he responded as the rest of the group joined you. You walked to a really nice restaurant and got a table. You ordered a coffee with milk and sugar, and the men ordered chai tea. You wanted to try it, but you didn't want an indirect kiss or something. When the drinks arrived, you happily drank your's.

"Finally, some peace," Joseph exclaimed.

"Be patient with India," Avdol said, taking a sip of his own tea. "Once you get used to it, you'll see how wonderful this country is!"

You only half-listened to their conversation. You kind of had to agree with Joseph here. That big crowd gave you anxiety, and you didn't like the fact that everyone had crowded around you and touched you. Some guy even offered to cut my hair to sell it. No way that was going to happen. That was one thing you loved about myself. Your hair was soft, and it got super wavy and poofy after you washed it.

"Ya know, I kind of like this place. It's pretty cool," Jotaro said, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Wait, really? I thought you, out of all of us, would hate it the most, considering that you don't prefer to be around people," you said with a confused expression.

He only shrugged. Polnareff sighed.

"It's a hell of a lot of culture shock, though. Guess I'll like it when I get used to it, huh?" he said, picking up his bag. He stood up.

"Well, I guess people adapt to their surroundings eventually," he added before asking for directions to the bathroom.

As he walked away, Joseph said, "Aren't you going to order something?"

Polnareff looked over his shoulder with a smirk.

"Pick something for me. It better be amazing. Something gorgeous and sophisticated that suits a Frenchman such as moi," he answered before walking away.

"Which means it doesn't matter. He'll eat anything," Kakyoin said.

You shook your head with a sigh.

"This place is so freakin' lively... It kinda freaks me out, ya know? I'm not good with crowds," you admitted after a while, taking a sip of coffee.

"Yeah. I noticed that you looked on the verge of a panic attack," Kakyoin responded.

You choked on your coffee, coughing up a storm.

"P-Panic attack? No, no, no. That big crowd just kind of shocked me," you retorted, putting your coffee cup down onto the table.

He didn't seem to believe a word you said, but didn't push it further.

"Well, I figured as much. Your mom told me you were a very reclusive person who didn't have friends and didn't really feel comfortable in social situations," Joseph said.

You blushed a deep red and hid behind a wall of hair.

"Of course she said that. She always says too much," you grumbled in embarrassment. He chuckled.

"That's mothers for you," he responded.

Once your blush cooled off, you took a sip of coffee. Your body was still warm with lingering awkwardness. Joseph ordered the food, and you chose curry. You had heard that it was a very delicious dish, and you wanted to try something new. You were traveling miles away from home to various countries, so it was kind of a must. After the waiter walked away, you heard a rather masculine scream. We didn't question it.

"Polnareff probably found some dirt on the floor or something," Jotaro mumbled.

Soon after, one of the workers walked out with an annoyed expression, so you assumed that everything was fine. Not long later, the food came and you began to eat, Polnareff still absent from the table. You heard a crash and paused. Polnareff came running out of the bathroom, looking distraught and afraid.

"A Stand! But where's the user?" he exclaimed looking around at the guests in the restaurant.

His face contorted in frustration.

"Who is it? The man with two right hands?" he added.

He raced to the exit, pausing in the doorway to look around. Joseph quickly paid and apologized before you followed him out.

"What's wrong, Polnareff?" you asked, eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"What is this about?" Avdol added behind me. Polnareff was quiet for a moment.

"If that was it... If that Stand belongs to who I think it does,... then that means I finally found him... Jotaro, the Stand user that uses the mirrors... he's here," he answered.

Jotaro's eyebrows furrowed.

"The bastard that killed my sister... my angelic sister," he said before explaining his sister's death.

The story always made you tear up. You never had any siblings, and you went most of your life without your own father. You couldn't imagine ever living if your mother died. You'd be more alone than you ever had been. You looked down at the ground, taking a deep breath.

"Are you absolutely sure it's him?" Joseph asked. Polnareff didn't answer.

He turned a little to look at you. "It's settled... Mr. Joestar, I'll be traveling on my own from here on out," he finally said.

"What?" you said with a confused expression.

His eyes turned to your's and his eyes softened. "With my sister's murderer finally within reach, I'll be damned if I wait for him to come after me. I'm screwed if he gets the drop on me. It's just not my style," he said.

"I'll find him first and kill him!" His eyes never left your's, and you tried to give him a look to convince him to stay.

You don't know why. Maybe he had grown on you? You saw him as a good friend. You didn't want him to do this by himself. There was no way he'd be able to do this on his own...