Chapter 15

(A/N) Sorry that this chapter is so short! I didn't want to go on to the next Stand user just yet.

"Now, I wonder where that thing's Stand User is," Joseph said, crossing his arms over his chest.

You grinned and waved a hand, urging him to follow as you raced back to Polnareff. When you made it there, you saw a fat woman emerge from Nena's body before dying in a dramatic spurt of blood. Polnareff looked downright horrified.

"So,... Nena was being possessed by this woman," Joseph said.

You sighed, shaking your head and turning away from the gruesome scene. Polnareff jumped away with a strangled cry of disgust and fear.

"She's nothing more than an ugly troll. She attached her Stand to me as a tumor with a face... You were careless, Polnareff. She played you like a damn fiddle," Joseph added. You chucked.

"One, I like that saying. Two, Polnareff's an idiot. Even after I told him to watch her for anything strange, she swept him off his feet," you said, crossing your arms over your chest.

————————

Nighttime, your favorite part of the day. Because of the light pollution at your temporary home, it was hard to see the stars. You sat in front of the river, staring up at the brilliant, starry sky. You smiled, reminiscing about old memories.

"Here I thought we would sleep in an actual bed tonight," you heard Kakyoin say as Jotaro walked beside him.

Jotaro sat down at your left, Kakyoin sat down on your right.

"If the old man hadn't screwed up, we wouldn't be out here hiding from the cops," Jotaro reminded, crossing his arms over his chest.

You chuckled. Jotaro finally looked down at you, and your eyes locked... Did his eyes always look that nice?... What?! Your cheeks flushed lightly, and your eyes stared back at the sky. Thankfully, it would be too dark to see the blush.

"Thinking about stuff?" he asked, laying down beside you.

Kakyoin did the same, making it so that all three of you were stargazing.

"Yeah... When I was younger and still lived in America, we lived in the middle of freakin' nowhere. That meant that we could see all of the stars without worrying about light pollution," you answered, putting my arms behind my head.

"Wait, you're from America?" Kakyoin asked with surprise in his tone.

You chuckled. "What, you thought I was Japanese or something?" you responded.

"Well, your Japanese is spot-on. I thought you might have American parents who were born here," he answered.

You shook your head.

"Nope. Born and partially raised in the United States," you retorted. "What happened?" Kakyoin asked.

Jotaro already knew the story, but you didn't mind repeating it, especially since you considered Kakyoin to be a really close friend.

"Well, when I was eight, I came home from school one day to see my parents fighting. My mother pulled off her wedding ring and threw it on the ground. I didn't understand what had happened, and my mother took me away to live with some of her really close friends in Japan, Jeremy and his 'friend' Shurui. I didn't find out until a few years ago what had happened. My father had been having an affair for nearly five years," you answered, giving air quotes for "friend."

They both looked confused. "What do you mean by that?" Jotaro asked.

"They were definitely a thing. A couple. Of course, people don't really accept that sort of thing. Can't tell you how many arguments I had with them. I probably punched a few," you answered.

They both hummed.

"I don't give a shit about it," Jotaro grumbled with a shrug. Kakyoin smiled, like he knew something we didn't. "Me neither," he agreed. And with that, a comfortable silence washed over you.

"So all of that really happened?" Polnareff suddenly asked.

You jumped and sat up, looking over. Your face showed extreme surprise, and you asked, "You heard everything?"

He shrugged. "Sorry for snooping in on your conversation," he apologized, looking down at the water.

You shrugged. "It's fine... You're my friend, too, so I don't mind that you know," you responded.

"Alright. I've got everything settled," Joseph said, walking toward you. Kakyoin and Jotaro sat up.

"We can take this car. Polnareff, you're on driving duty," he added, throwing the keys to Polnareff.

He caught them, and the four of you stood up. Joseph chuckled.

"Doing some bonding?" he asked with a smile. You shrugged with a smile of your own.

"Sure. I love my big, strong, oddly tall boys," you said, trying your best to pull the three of them into a hug.

You laughed, and even Jotaro managed a small chuckle. You released them.

"C'mon, folks! We have places to be, sights to see, a century-old vampire to kill!" you exclaimed, herding them to the car.

Polnareff got into the driver seat, Joseph in the passenger, and the rest of you in the back. Fortunately, you were in the middle, which meant warmth from the cool of the night and a nice place to rest your head. And, soon enough, you were on your way to your next destination.