Chapter 9

After a rather eventful conversation with a police officer about Polnereff's bag, you all made our way to a rather nice hotel. Surprisingly, despite moving around Japan a lot because of my mom's job, you had never been inside a hotel. Your jaw practically dropped to the ground as you stood inside the really fancy hotel. You honestly felt bad that Joseph was spending so much money. By the time you snapped out of your daze, everyone was already at the front desk. You closed your mouth and hurried over.

"Jotaro and I can share a room since we're both high school students," Kakyoin suggested.

Joseph nodded. "I'll share a room with Avdol, (Y/N) and Anne will share a room, Polnareff will have his own," he said, before explaining it to the lady at the front desk.

You held the strap of your bag rather tightly. You took a deep breath. This place was so nice that you continued to feel guilty, but you would rather it over a cheap hotel that smelled bad. You tried to ignore the feeling as you made your way to your rooms. Each had a small distance from the other, which you thought was kind of... strange. You had the possibility of being attacked here, so it would be hard to get help quickly... Maybe you were overthinking? You sighed quietly as you sat down on your bed. Anne closed the door to the room and looked over at you in concern.

"Are you okay?" she asked, sitting down next to you.

"Just... overthinking," you answered.

You dug in your bag and pulled out a hair pin. You pinned your bangs behind your ear.

"Overthinking?" she questioned. You nodded.

"Just... This place is so nice, and I feel guilty that Joseph has spent so much money for this trip only for everything to go to shit... Then, the rooms are kind of far apart; if one of us gets hurt by an enemy, it'll be hard to get help," you responded, crossing your arms over your chest as your stomach churned with anxiety.

She nodded slowly, comprehending what you said. Suddenly, she hugged you, your eyes widening in shock.

"I'm sure he doesn't mind... I think everything is going to be fine, (Y/N)," she reassured as she looked up at you with a smile.

You internally groaned. This kid had grown on you already. You hugged back with a small smile.

"Thanks, Anne... I needed that," you whispered.

She patted your back before releasing you. Your small smile grew into a grin, and she copied your expression. A knock came to the door.

"Who is it?" you asked. "Jotaro," the person answered in his gruff voice.

You stood up and opened the door, Anne following behind. Jotaro stood with a neutral expression, hands in the pockets of his pants. Kakyoin stood behind him, but he didn't seem... like himself. He had this darkness in his eyes that sent a chill down your spine. No one else seemed to notice, so you figured it was just your exhausted mind playing tricks on you. You had fallen asleep, sure, but you were still mentally tired.

"Oh. What's up, boys?" you asked, casually leaning against the doorway with a smirk of interest.

"We're going out," Jotaro said, adjusting his hat.

"Is that an invitation?" you asked with a mischievous smile.

He scowled. "Sure," he grumbled, tipping his hat down to hide his face.

You only laughed. "Aww. I appreciate it," you responded, eye bright.

You were starting to forget all that nervousness and anxiety from overthinking. You all left the hotel and explored Singapore. You had to be honest, it was rather nice and pretty. After a bit of exploring, you came across a merchant selling ice cream and various other treats to eat in the heat. Speaking of which, you had taken off your hoodie some time ago and wrapped it around your waist. It was pretty hot. Anne ran up to the stand, asking for an ice cream. The rest of you followed behind more slowly.