Chapter 5

(A/N) Sorry the last chapter was short! I'm uploading 2 chapters today because I kinda feel bad.

"So... You're telling me," your mother began, running a hand through her hair, "that my precious baby has to go to Egypt for a... project of some sort?"

You rolled your eyes at the nickname, and you blushed in embarrassment.

"Um... Yes?" Joseph said, but it sounded more like he was asking.

She sighed, pacing the floor in our apartment. "That's so far away... That's so long... But if it's for school... But she's the only girl," she whispered, most likely thinking aloud.

She tended to do that.

"Ms. Eliza, I assure you that she is in good hands. Kakyoin and Jotaro are also going. They are students in her class, and they alone have been assigned to do this by the headmaster. It's for a... government project," Avdol stated, sounding more convincing than Joseph.

Leave it to Avdol to convince your mother. She stopped pacing and turned to him. She sighed.

"Alright... I'll allow it. If anything happens to her, it will be the end of you. I swear it," your mother threatened.

You sighed. "Mom, relax. I'll be fine," you reassured, standing up from your seat on the couch.

"Okay... Take care of yourself out there. Beat someone up if you have to," she said, giving you a hug.

You smiled gently and hugged back. She released you, and you walked to your room to pack your things. You didn't pack much, for you didn't want to take up a lot of room if you had to drive anywhere. You hugged your mother one last time before the three of you walked out of the apartment. Jotaro and Kakyoin were waiting by the car. Jotaro let out a scoff.

"Took you guys long enough," he growled.

You rolled your eyes.

"I'll have you know that it was my mom who kept us. She didn't want me to go to Egypt for an entire month or more," you retorted, crossing your arms with a huff.

He shook his head, and you all got into the car. You were heading to the airport to take a plane to Egypt, or to a stop along the way to board another plane. Joseph had an entire plan for transportation, and you tried your best to pay attention. However, you were anxious, and it was distracting you. You were about to travel a really long way away from home. You knew there'd be danger and near-death experiences, and that didn't make you feel any better. A hand was placed on your shoulder, and you jolted. Kaykoin looked concerned.

"Are you alright, (Y/N)?" he whispered. You sighed. "Nervous," you whispered.

He rubbed your shoulder to comfort you, which helped. "You'll be okay. You have four big men taking care of you. We're a team. We protect each other," he whispered.

You gave him a small smile and a nod. He nodded back with his own smile and pulled his hand away. Finally, you had all arrived at the airport and boarded the plane. The flight went by like normal, only it was a strange experience. You hadn't been on a plane since you left America nine years ago. It was nerve-wracking at first, but the view was beautiful. Eventually, the sun faded under the horizon and the moon was high in the sky. Your seat was a bit uncomfortable, for you got skittish when sitting for too long. You looked out of the window, hearing the soft snores of Jotaro beside you. You turned to look at him. The light from the moon gave him an ethereal glow, and you blushed slightly. This was also the calmest he had ever looked. You turned away and froze when you heard a buzzing sound. You looked around and saw a stag beetle that seemed to be staring at you. You slowly elbowed Jotaro, and he woke up. The beetle took flight again, the sound waking up the rest of our group.

"What the hell? You woke me up for a bug?" he grumbled with a tired glare.

"No!... Well, yes, but the thing was staring at me... Mr. Avdol, could that... be a Stand?" you said.

Avdol observed it before his eyes widened, and his face contorted in horror. "That's Tower of Gray! It's a Stand who massacres people and makes it look like accidents!" he exclaimed.

A bone-chilling laugh erupted from the beetle. "That's right! I'm Tower of Gray! And I'm not letting you leave this plane alive!" it said.

Jotaro summoned Star Platinum, the being letting out a string of "ora's" as it tried to punch it. However, it was faster than him. It's tongue extended and Jotaro barely dodged, causing him to get a scratch on his arm. That wasn't it, though, for the tongue headed toward you. Your eyes widened, and you summoned Queen of Hearts. She barely caught the thing before it attacked you. A strand of hair moved to show a glowing yellow eye that glared at the beetle with unnerving coldness. She threw it around like a whip and the beetle smashed against a wall, it's tongue retracting. Your heart was pounding from that near-death experience. The beetle was flying again. It's tongue extended, killing an entire row of sleeping passengers. You winced and watched in horror as it wrote on the wall with a tongue and blood. It spelled "Massacre" before giving another awful laugh.

"Shit... This isn't good. We can't use Star Platinum, Magician's Red (unless you want to blow up the plane), Hermit Purple, or my own Stand. I can trap it if I get an opening, though, but it's too slow for a normal attack," you said, your eyebrows twitching in stress and frustration.

"We still have Hierophant," Kakyoin pointed out. Your eyebrows twitched more.

"Yeah... Yeah, that could work," you whispered, forming a plan in your head.

"What? What could work?" Joseph asked, sweating a bit from the dangerous situation.

"We use Hierophant to distract him with a few Emerald Splashes while I make a trap," you whispered.

They nodded in agreement, and you all froze when an old man sat up. He was mumbling about something right next to us. Kakyoin knocked him out with a small punch. You didn't want him raising the alarm. Kakyoin faced the beetle as it laughed some more. He summoned Hierophant and used an Emerald Splash. I summoned Queen once again and made a trap that spread out under the seats. The strands of necklaces slowly made their way to surround Gray. The beetle laughed.

"You can't hit me! You're too slow, boy!" it announced with another laugh as it dodged.

The attack finished and Kakyoin smirked. The perfect opening.

"Now! Royal Jewels: Trap Card!" you exclaimed.

The jewelry shot up and gripped the beetle in a full-body bind. It struggled as Queen slowly ripped it apart. With one final tug, the beetle was torn in half, and the old man from before began bleeding from fatal wounds. You gave a fist bump to Queen with a smile. She smiled back before disappearing along with Hierophant. You made your way into the cockpit, only to find that the pilots had been killed by Gray.

"Don't worry, I've flown many planes in my lifetime!" Joseph exclaimed, taking hold of the piloting.

"Old man, you've only ever flown one plane," Jotaro corrected, tilting his hat down.

He turned to you, only showing one eye.

"I'm sorry about before. I didn't realize you'd be right in it's aim," he whispered only loud enough for you to hear.

You blushed lightly and smiled, waving your hands.

"No, no, no. Don't worry about it," you said.

His eyes widened by a small fraction.

"You're bleeding," he said, looking at your hand.

You looked as well, eyes wide in shock. It must have happened when Queen caught Gray.

"Oh... Well, I'll have a cool scar on my hand," you said with a grin.

He rolled his eyes with a "yare yare daze." He found a first-aid kit and wrapped some gauze around your hand. You huffed.

"I could have done that by myself," you grumbled. He only grunted.

While you managed to escape the clutches of death, you still had a long way to go before you reached Egypt. Joseph landed the plane off the coast of Hong Kong, and you saved from the wreckage. You had already encountered a Stand user working for DIO, so you wondered how many more would be after you. You were closer to Egypt, but how much damage would you all receive from DIO's goons?