Chapter 4

You were awakened by a hand pushing you away. Suddenly, you were flung off of the bed, causing you to hit your head on the corner of the nightstand before hitting the ground. A warm liquid flowed from the wound, and you cursed. You turned to see a slightly terrified Jotaro.

"What the hell, man?" you growled, pulling your hand away.

It was covered in blood.

"Sorry," he grumbled.

"You better be! I just cut open my head and I'm gonna bleed to death!" you exclaimed, showing him your hand. You had to close an eye so that blood wouldn't get in it.

"Can't you heal yourself?" he asked with a nonchalant expression.

"No, you idiot! I would have done so already!" you yelled.

The door opened, showing a tired-looking Kakyoin. He looked surprised as he saw the blood. He raced out, and you sighed.

"Why did you push me out of the bed? Was it because you were cuddling me in your sleep?" you asked, holding your wound again.

He looked away, giving you the answer you were looking for. You sighed, shaking your head.

"You shouldn't be ashamed of it. It's fine and I wasn't bothered by it," you said, looking up at him.

He looked like he wanted to say something, but he was cut off by Avdol entering with Kakyoin and Joseph. He was carrying a first-aid kit and knelt down next to you. You showed him the wound by removing your hand. He cleaned up the blood and wrapped your forehead with gauze.

"Thanks," you said with a smile.

He nodded and stood.

"Anyway, Holly said that breakfast would be-" Joseph started, but was cut off by a loud crash.

The sound had come from the kitchen, which was a few doors down. You all rushed to the kitchen, shock and fear spreading among the group. Holly was on the ground with broken plates scattered around her, seemingly unconscious. After investigating, Joseph found that she had developed her own Stand, which would kill her due to her lack of fighting spirit. They had fifty days to find DIO before her Stand killed her. You gathered in the tea room after moving Holly to her room to rest, looking at the photo of DIO that Joseph had taken with his Stand. Upon further inspection, you realized that there was a small thing on the image. Jotaro, using his stand, sketched a picture of it. You all stared at the paper as his Stand's hand scribbled away. It finally finished and you stared.

"That's a fly," you said, though it was pretty obvious.

"Jotaro, do you have an encyclopedia anywhere?" Avdol asked.

He nodded and added, "Yeah. We have a library a few doors down."

The Egyptian man nodded, took the sketch, and raced out of the room. It was just the four of you now, the air thick with tension. You played with your thumbs, trying to find the words to say.

"Well, at least we're on the right track to finding DIO," you finally said.

The men nodded slowly. "Yeah... I just hope the trip won't be too hectic... Knowing DIO, he probably will send as many Stand users as he can muster up," Joseph commented.

You all nodded to that as well.

"Either way, we better start packing soon. This will be a very long trip," Kakyoin stated.

"I don't even want to know what my mom would say..." you trailed off.

Joseph smiled and put an arm around your shoulders. Your eyes widened in surprise as he laughed his signature hearty laugh.

"Don't worry. I'm sure your mother will understand! We'll try to make up a cover story for why you'll be gone for a month or so," he explained, ruffling your hair.

You laughed and tried to wrestle him away. He teased you, and it felt weird to have someone who was basically acting as a father for the moment. You both laughed as you tumbled around, and Kakyoin had even joined in. Jotaro only shook his head, but clearly wanted to join in.

"Yare yare daze," he mumbled.

Avdol rushed in, looking determined. However, you and Joseph were still locked in battle, freezing when the man opened the door. You blinked and broke apart.

"Joseph, are you trying to make her be like you?" Avdol asked.

"Pfft- Me? This old fart's mini-self? Never!" you exclaimed.

While it was nice to have a fatherly figure in your life, it was only for this short amount of time. The men laughed, except for Jotaro. He only tipped his hat to hide his face.

"Anyway, I found out what type of fly it was. It's a fly native to Egypt," Avdol said.

You had never been anywhere other than America and Japan, for you were born in America.

"Egypt? That's so far away..." you trailed off, fixing your clothes after the play-fight.

"Exactly. That's why we have to leave as soon as we can," Jotaro grumbled.

You all nodded in agreement. "Well, looks like we need to take a trip to my place," you said with a shrug.