Chapter 17

Placing your hand on Jotaro's arm, a warm pink light started to radiate from your palm.

"Hey, (Y/N)... I just realized... I've never actually seen your Stand. When you heal someone, you can hardly see it behind you," Polnareff said, glancing at you from the rearview mirror.

You blinked in surprise. "O-Oh... I guess I never realized that either," you agreed with an awkward laugh.

He only shrugged and paid more attention to the road ahead. A short while later, youcame upon, what Joseph called, a road-side tea stand. Polnareff stopped there, and you all stepped out. You stretched stiff limbs as you walked beside them.

"A break would do us some good. If we take our time, we may avoid running into that crazy driver," Joseph said as you walked inside the building.

A man was rolling some strange plant between an even stranger mechanism.

"What is that?" you asked curiously, leaning in to get a better look.

Liquid from the plant dripped into a cup, and it was a pretty green color.

"Sugar cane juice. Care for a glass?" he asked, finishing with the plant.

"Um... Sure, I guess," you responded, glancing back at Joseph as if to ask if it was alright.

He only shrugged, giving you a warm smile. The man handed you the glass, squeezing out a few drops of lemon juice into the cup. You carefully took an experimental sip of the sugar cane juice... It didn't taste half bad. You held the glass up to your face, turning it a bit. A reflection appeared in the glass, showing the guys and Anne behind you. Behind them, hiding beside a tree, was the... red car from before. Turning around rapidly,  you pointed to it.

"It's the car from earlier!" you exclaim loudly, the group turning around to follow your finger.

"I-It's him! That car is here!" Polnareff yelled after.

Upon further inspection, you all realized that no one was in the driver's seat. You carefully attempted to lean in to look around inside, stopped by Jotaro quickly pulling you away by the collar of your shirt.

"Don't get so close. We still don't know if the car itself is a Stand... Be careful," he grumbled.

You shyly rubbed the back of your neck.

"Sorry. I was just trying to see if there was anything in there worth looking at," you apologized, looking up at him.

He met your gaze, and you swore you saw a small, soft smile accompanied by a softer expression. It was gone as soon as you saw it, and he pulled down the bill of his hat. Rapidly looking away, your cheeks turned pink. As you chalked it up to the sweltering heat, Jotaro proceeded to turn around, looking at all of the present customers, your gaze carefully following his.

"You think one of them owns this car?" Kakyoin asked, putting a hand on your shoulder.

"Yeah," Jotaro said, turning his head slightly to look at him.

He glanced at the other's hand and turned away again.  Not questioning it, you all walked back.

"Who is the owner of the red car parked over there? C'mon! Spill it!" Joseph called out, pointing to the car.

Silence.

"Our driver isn't just going to come out and announce it," Kakyoin muttered, only loud enough for our group to hear.

"He's messing with us!" Polnareff responded.

"Yeah. I guess that leaves us with only one option. Right, Jotaro?" Joseph added.