Chapter 31 Final

Nick's POV:

Today he told her that he loved her.
Placed a ring around her finger
And promised her forever, together.' I quickly wrote the line down below the others. I placed my head on my piano. She's getting married in two days. I got the invitation yesterday from Joe. It's all happening so soon and going by so quickly. I don't think I could handle sitting through a wedding that I'm suppose to have with her. I banged my fist on the piano keys, scaring myself. I bolted my head up then stared down at the song I wrote. A hand glided across my shoulders as I smelt Olivia's sweet perfume surround me. She sat next to me on my piano bench.

"Did you write a song?" She asked calmly rubbing my upper legs.

"Yeah," I simply said back.

"May I hear it?"

"Liv..I..don't.."

"Please," she begged. "This is the first song you've written in years."

"Actually my second," I corrected her.

"When did you write the other one?"

"Two weeks ago when I got home from New York. I did it out on the porch while you were sleeping."

"Well, can I at least hear this one?" She asked sweetly.

"Okay beautiful," I smiled at her as she pulled me in for a kiss. I set my sheet music aside and placed my hands on the black and white keys. She waited patiently still taking ahold of my knee. I took a breath as I was about to sing the hardest song I've ever written.

"Today, he told her that he loved her.
Placed a ring around her finger
And promised her forever, together
Today they smiled for all the pictures
And he was there with her
Making all the memories, without me.

It hurts to say this out loud
Looks like she's really gone now

Today, is the happiest day of her life.
I should be happy for her, today
So tell me why are these tears in my eyes?
I know I should be happy for her
But I lost everything
I lost everything I ever wanted, Today

Today, I thought about the moment
I could of said I loved her
And promised her forever, together."

My voice that started off soft. Rose in pain as these next lines just came deep from within my heart.

"Today it really hit,
That she don't even miss me
She's found a new beginning
And I'm wishing

I had one more chance
God knows it's too late for that

Today, is the happiest day of her life.
I should be happy for her, today
So tell me why are these tears in my eyes?
I know I should be happy for her
But I lost everything
I lost everything I ever wanted, Today

Today, he told her that he loved her.
Placed a ring around her finger." I brought it to a closing as I stared up at the ceiling. I didn't realize that Olivia's hand was removed from my right knee. I turned my head towards Olivia. Her eyes were shut and she placed her hand back on my upper leg. I let my hand grab it. I knew the song must of hurt her.

"I know you want her back. I've always known. You're better off with-."

"Olivia, please," I said softly interrupting her.

"Let me finish... I know for a fact you're better off with her. The reason I stayed was to protect you. I couldn't just leave a man who had just lost the love of his life alone. I wanted to take care of you and love you until she returned. Then to find out she's getting married blew my mind. And it broke my heart. Because you two are meant to be together." She grabbed both of my hands and faced me. "I'll always love you Nick. You're one of the most amazing and sweetest guy I'd ever met. The last thing I would ever want is to see you hurt like this. You don't deserve this. You deserve nothing, but happiness. And myself? I'm not going to be happy until you are. And if Shannon makes you happy, go for it. I'll be okay," she slightly smiled then interlocked our hands together. Letting them both rest on my lap. "Remember the night I first met you? I told you that it's a shame you stopped writing." I nodded my head. "Because a talent like that shouldn't be wasted. You can get her back, I know you can. All you have to do is use it. And she'll find it beautiful because it's the first song you've written in such a long time." She then took out a little squared red box and handed to me. I opened it up to reveal the red ring that Shannon's Grandmother gave her. The one I had stolen many years ago. But attached to it is another beautiful white diamond. I opened my eyes wide in amazement.

"How did you know?" I asked her.

"I found between your mattress one morning making the bed. I went ahead and got a diamond to be placed next to the red. That way it'll look like a real wedding ring." I was in such a shock. I didn't know what to say. "By tomorrow morning I'll be gone. Thank you for sharing your life with me Nicholas. You will always mean something to me." Tears fell down her cheeks as I pulled her in my arms.

"You'll always mean something to me Olivia. I don't know how to thank you, for everything. You are an important person who entered my life. I would like you to stay in my life, as friends." She smiled at me as we both kissed for the finale time that night.

The next day I got ready to play my first sold out concert in years. I took what Olivia said to heart and I knew what I needed to do. Shay was so excited for my show. That she flew down from New York to be here in LA. She said she'd never miss this for anything in the world. That made me feel good. But there was still one major problem in the way. She's still getting married tomorrow. I buried the small red box deeper in my pocket as nerves started to kick in. It just needs to be at the right time.

After 20 minutes the show was about to start. I placed on my guitar as Joe and Kevin both made their way towards me.

"Good luck out there man. You're going to need it," Joe said winking at me. Kevin gave a confused look.

"Huh?"

"Don't worry about it Kev. You'll find out soon enough," Joe said placing his hand on his shoulders.

"But you know I hate secrets," he said pouting.

"That's because you can never keep them," I joined in. Making fun of my older brother. He rolled his eyes then made his up front next to Dani and Shannon in their seats. Demi then joined them giving everyone a hug.

"Well I have to go. Looks like my date is here," Joe proudly said. I proceeded in giving him our special hand shake.

"Dude, you're going out with Demi? Congrats bro!"

"Thanks, I'll text you if it's a no go on Shay okay?" I nodded my head and made my way on stage.

The sun began to set on this beautiful outside venue. 10 of thousands of people showed up to see me preform. I'm surprised I even still have fans. As I ran off stage to get a drink of water. I got a text message from Joe.

Dude she broke the engagement and is talking about asking you on a date tonight! Nows your chance! Don't blow it!

I grinned widely as I placed on my other guitar Shannon had got me years ago.

Thanks! By the way, thanks for believing in me bro. I'll be sure to remember that next time

I texted back. I placed my phone in my back pocket. Before I took a step out onto the stage. 'I thought about the moment. I'm going to say I love her and promise her forever together.'

To be continued...

Thank you all so much for reading this story! And to those who've read it since the beginning. You're support has been nothing but amazing! We've cried and laughed as the story between Nick and I unfolded. I'll meet guys at my third book: The Last Song Ever A Nick Jonas Story (Book Three) Love you guys!

Song: Today by, Gary Allen