Chapter 12

Nick's POV

I died inside watching her belongings slowly disappear. Almost everyday a new stack of items are piled into Joe's truck.

There's a ring that I took from her jewelry box. It's a small golden band with a red jewel placed on top. Her Grandma gave it to her many years ago at a young age. She has passed away a couple of years ago. I knew how much it means to her, but I had to keep it. It's the only thing I'll have last of her. I gently placed it in a small red box then stuck it under my mattresses. The last thing that was taken from me was her cats. Now I know, their's no way she's coming back. She's going to stay there in New York with her new boyfriend.

New boyfriend, I hope you're ready. You're about to get your heart shattered like mine. I heard Joe taking on the phone with her the another day. Apparently they've been sneaking off together. I know I should be upset, which I am. But I need to stop digging this hole I'm in deeper. She's gone, she's moved on and has turned into someone whom I don't know. She's not that sweet, innocent girl I grew up with. She is now a mean, backstabbing whore. Maybe the tabloids and Des were right about her. It just took me this long to see what they saw. It makes me sick that I made love to such a creature. But I still love her. I'll never stop loving her.

I think it's time for me to get a reality check. Watch out world there's a new Nick Jonas being reborn.

Another year has came and gone. I haven't seen Joe or my family durning this long year. I completely transformed myself. My hair is shaven off and I gained 20 pounds of muscle. Every night I'll go to the bar till closing time. It's the only thing I enjoy doing now.

My music? That's completely in the trash. I sold my keyboard and my many guitars. The day I stopped caring for Shay and myself. Is the day I lost my love in music. I have no intentions to start writing or singing again. That's all be hide me. I don't know if it's helping or not. I simply don't care.

I slammed my glass shot down on the counter as I watched the bartender laugh.

"Would you like another Sir? You've had quite a few tonight," she said grabbing my glass. I nodded my head and she poured me another shot of Whiskey. I chugged it down and placed it back on the counter. As she went to grab it I placed my hand up.

"All done? That's good, the red in your eyes are starting to hide how beautiful they are," she smirked. I chuckled as I looked down. I have no idea if she's flirting with me or just being nice. I haven't had a girl tell me that in a very long time. I kinda liked the feeling it brought up. She rubbed my arm while looking deep into my eyes. "You seemed to be stressing out about something. If you'd like I could help you release it. It's closing time and I'll go lock up. I'll meet you in the back," she smirked then winked. I smiled and got up to go to the back. It was a small space with a few pictures on the wall. A small table stood to the left of me with a vase of yellow flowers. I tapped my foot then scratched my back. Out of nowhere she came flying in and jumped on me. She pressed her lips hard against mine as I kissed her back. I moved my hand up her leg as she kissed me harder. Sooner or later we were both undressed and making love. Did I enjoy it? Not really, I think the beer got the best of me.

After we got done I walked out in the parking lot. The rain fell down harder then the last couple of days. As I was getting drenched I ran to my car.