Chapter 23

Nick's POV

The plane ride back to LA was just to long. Waiting in the airport seemed even longer. I didn't like the way people were staring at me. Haven't they seen a broken hearted distress man before?

While sitting in the plane, a familiar song filled my headphones. "Leave Your Lover," by Sam Smith. I placed the song on repeat and rested my head on the window. Which annoyed the person next to me since I had a aisle seat, but that's beside the point. Okay, not really, I had to get a chuckle somewhere.

The moment I entered my apartment, I threw myself onto Olivia. I pressed my lips hard against her's as we made our way to the bedroom. I picked her up then placed both of us onto the bed. She stopped kissing me then placed her hand on my face.

"Nick? Are you alright?" I ignored her question and proceeded to take our clothes off. She moaned as I slipped her skirt off and kissed her passionately.

She soon enough fell asleep after we made love for the second time that night. I rested my head on my hand and stared at her beautiful face. Their's no question about me being the luckiest guy to have her as my own. But sadly, she'll never compare to my Shannon.

Shannon's POV

Once again, I found myself staring at my fiancé late at night when I can't sleep. As I said before, he reminds me so much of Nick. But he's clearly not. They're still times where I wish he was. That it was him laying next to me, not someone who resembles him.

I decided to go on my laptop and send Nick an email.

-Hey, are you coming to my album release party next week?- He resounded right away. I guess he couldn't sleep as well.

-Of course, I wouldn't want to miss such an important night for you.-

-Awesome, I can't wait to see you there.- I smiled slightly as I sent him the email back.

Something then caught my eye. I clicked on an old message that was sent to me from Joe. I opened it and played the video from when I was 13.

~Video~

"Are you ready?" I asked Joe eagerly in front of the camera.

"This prank is so old. Why can't we do something else? Like throw a firecracker on him" Joe asked be hide the camera.

"I don't want to fry your brother. Let's just stick to the plan." Joe sighed as he followed me to Nick's room. In my hand I sprayed shaving cream into his hand. I then took my finger and light touched his nose. Just as we expected, he rubbed the shaving cream all over his face. He opened his eyes widely and looked at the camera confused. I laughed as he glared at me.

Before we knew it he jumped out of bed and chased me around the house. Joe followed along as we all ran outside. Nick then tackled me onto the grass and rubbed the shaving cream that was on his face onto to mine. I squealed as we began wrestling with each other. Joe continued filming us as we all enjoyed laughed at each other.

~End of video~

I laughed to myself as I replayed that memory over and over. I then sent the video to Nick.

-I remember that day, what an amazing memory- He quickly responded. He then sent me a picture. I opened it and was left in awe. There he was fast asleep with my cat Jo sleeping on his arm.

What an adorable moment those two had. I quickly placed the picture as my background. The picture was just too cute to pass up.

-Are we still friends?- Nick sent me.

-Of course, you're too important to let go- After I sent that, I closed my laptop and decided to get up to get a drink.

After I grabbed a water, I made my way back to the bedroom. I sat in the armed couch chair a few feet away from the bed.

I sighed as I studied my fiancé. I couldn't help but feel a little lost inside. Something kept telling me that marrying him wasn't right. That I should follow my thoughts and run back to Nick. But I'm stuck, since I can't seem to make up my mind. I can't help but have these feelings leaving me second guessing. Maybe I'd made a mistake by saying yes to Ryan. But, I still can't shake these feelings, that leave me awake at night.

(A\N: Alright you guys, sorry for such a short chapter but, I hope you all liked it! Please comment and vote❤️)