Chapter 4

Nick's POV

I yelped in pain while I fell on the ground. I grabbed ahold of my knee right against my face. A giant nail has found itself a home in my left foot. Kevin ran towards me pushing Joe and Shay out of the way.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Nick stepped on a nail," Joe responded. He looked down at Nick's bleeding foot. My blood has stained the white wooded floor around me.

"I can see that Joe." He and I both gave him a look. "Someone call 991 he announced.

"I already tried, and my phone died," Shay said bending down next to me. She pulled myself slightly backwards until my back touched her knees. While everyone was getting out their phones. She rubbed my shoulders.

"Well shit, mines dead to," Kevin said.

"So is mine," Joe added.

"Then the same goes for me," I announced. Joe gave me a look.

"You didn't even check," he said crossing his arms.

"That's right I didn't because somebody, Joe. Has my phone. You forgot yours at the house." He got real quite and tried to hide himself. "Can we please do something? My foot really hurts," I pleaded.

"Kevin why don't you take Nick to the hospital yourself?" Shay asked.

"Yeah that's a better idea," Kevin said looking at Joe. Joe took a step back and looked down.

Kevin carefully picked me up and Shay went to open the door. She jogged back with fear in her eyes.

"Um guys we're kinda trap," she said trying to stop shaking.

"What do you mean trapped?" Kevin asked in a frighten tone.

"The door is locked and I don't see any other doors," Shay said looking around. Kevin nearly dropped me.

"Hey! You drop me you're dead!"

"How about the windows?" Joe asked.

"Joe that's a great idea," Shay screamed giving Joe a hug. A urge of jealously ran through my vain. Kevin placed me back on the floor and went to the windows.

"No its not, the windows are all boarded," Kevin said in a depressing voice.

"Well this is just great! I'm going to be stuck here with a huge ass nail in my foot!" I cried out.

"Nick if it helps we are stuck here to," Joe said flopping hopelessly on the ground.

"But you don't have a fucking nail stuck in your fucking foot!"

"Hey at least the lights are still on!" he screamed back. As soon as he said that the lights flickered off.

"Way to go Joe!" My voice ranged with anger. I knew it wasn't him. I felt the need to put the blame on someone.

"I didn't turn the lights off!" Joe's voice filled the room.

"Okay everyone shut up!" Kevin's voice silenced our owns. "You guys need to calm down. We'll find a way out." His voice got softer as he proceeded to walk around the room. I suddenly felt nauseous and weak. My head began to sweat and could feel my hands clamping up. Joe crawled over to me. He placed his hand on my forehead.

"Buddy, are you okay? You're sweating like crazy." Shay heard the commotion and kneeled down next to me.

"Nick?...What's wrong? Is it your diabetes?" I nodded my head slowly as my mouth began to dry out. "Does anyone have his bag? Food or water? Anything?" She asked around. They all shook their heads. Kevin walked over and kneeled to the other side of me. He ran his hands through my wet curls.

"Why does this have to happen now?" He asked lowering his voice. As hard as I tried to keep my head up I couldn't. My chin made contact to my chest as my entire body collapsed like stacked building blocks.

"Nick? What's happening?" I heard Shay's voice while I was going in and out of consciousness. Just as my eyes fluttered shut. I felt a pair of lips on mine. Those were the lips I felt three years later.