Chapter 32 UA School Life

AN: Shinmono/Monoshin if you squint.

"And then he knocked me out," concluded Namamono with a strained smile.

He and his three childhood friends were currently in Izuku's room, sharing their UA acceptance letter. Without doubt, Izuku and Yuuga made it into the hero department, Class 1-A. To his surprise, Hitoshi also made it into the hero department, but was placed into Class 1-B. Namamono, on the other hand, missed the hero exam and could only settle for the general department. He made it in, but it wasn't what he wanted.

Yuuga frowned, and then he shook his head disappointingly. When Yuuga stopped smiling, you knew you'd fucked up big time.

Hitoshi snorted, his lips twitching like he wanted to laugh at his expense but didn't want to make his day any worse.

Izuku was staring at him with his mouth wide opened, looking utterly speechless at his stupidity.

Namamono knew how stupid he was. Given the chance, he would go back in time and drag his ass all the way to UA if he had to. Everyday since then was a nightmare. He couldn't do anything without being reminded of what an absolute retard he was. His mother, who never believed he could achieve anything in life, only scoffed when she heard about what happened. And now, seeing all his friends well on their ways to become heroes and do great things without him only made the heartache worse.

"You're such a dumbass," Hitoshi said, breaking the silence.

"Mamo..." Izuku began. Namamono recognized this tone. It was always followed by "I'm sorry you had to go through this/this happened to you." He didn't want pity, especially not from his friends who all succeeded. It wasn't their fault. It was his and his alone.

"I know it was stupid of me to go to the arcade right before the exam, but who would have thought that a UA student would get so violent with me? Sure, not everyone from UA are in the hero department, but UA's known for its hero department! You'd think that guy would have at least some level of righteousness inside of him!"

"Do I need to remind you that Endeavor, one of the most violent heroes out there, was once a student of UA?" Hitoshi added unhelpfully.

"He's different! Who would have thought that a random UA student on the street would harbor Endeavor level of violence!?" Namamono clicked his teeth, brows furrowed in thoughts. "That bastard destroyed my only chance of becoming a hero! I'm not just going to let this go!"

"Don't do anything rash," Izuku warned, always the most rational one out of them.

"Try not to get kicked out of school." Hitoshi added helpfully for once. "As long as you're still a UA student, you'd have a chance to transfer into the hero department, like what Eraserhead-sensei did."

"I'm just gonna find his weakness and prank him a little. Just a harmless little prank."

Yuuga didn't smile or say anything. He simply stared at Namamono as if he knew that the strong front he put up was just an act.

OwO

On the first day of school, Namamono sneaked out right before the entrance ceremony. He slipped outside unnoticed and hid behind a pillar before transforming into a crow. He flew onto a window of the assembly hall where the entire school was gathered (except Class 1-A for some reasons. He'd have to ask Izuku about that later) and searched for that sickly-looking guy.

"Grey hair... grey hair... or was it blue?" He murmured to himself, his voice coming out as an obnoxious screech. When he transformed into animals, he could still talk but he couldn't speak quieter or louder than what the animal's vocal cord allowed.