Chapter 18 AMAP - The Groundhog Day (part 2)

"Toshi..." Izuku whispered in horror, whipping around and grabbing Yuuga by the shoulders tightly, startling him into dropping the Pino. "Yuuga, have you seen Toshi!?"

"Isn't he over there—" Yuuga paused when he saw the place where Hitoshi occupied was now empty. "Ah, where did he go?"

Nonono... This can't be...

"I'm going to look for him, you stay here!" Izuku added for emphasis. "And please don't go anywhere!"

Pushing his way through the throng, Izuku unclipped his YHP badge from his shirt and turned the dial so it connected to Hitoshi's badge.

"Hello, hello!? Toshi, can you hear me!?" He yelled when he heard static from the other side. The hissing noise started to clear out as children's laughter and balloons' popping noise rose above it.

"Izuku?"

"Toshi! Where are you!?"

"I'm... at the carnival area. Listen—"

"No, get out of there! Quick!" Izuku shouted as he stumbled out of the crowd. The people he had shoved past were throwing nasty glances at him. If this was any other day he would have bowed and apologized for being so disrespectful, but this wasn't the case today.

Izuku glanced at his watch.

They have about five minutes before the first explosion hit.

Images of his past deaths flashed before his eyes, his body shuddering as it remembered the pain it had gone through. Izuku clenched his stomach as he ran towards the carnival area, gritting his teeth and eyes more determined than ever.

He would not let another one of his friends die.

"[Sprint lv 7] is activated. Remaining seconds 5...4...3..." 
[Sprint] +1

His body suddenly felt ten times lighter and the pressure on his lungs lifted, allowing him to breath evenly and dash across the street at a faster pace. Footsteps pounding on the ground in a rhythmic beat, Izuku rounded the bent in the path and ran even faster when he saw the colorful booths ahead of him.

Five seconds passed and the familiar pull of gravity returned to his body. Izuku continued sprinting.

"[Sprint lv 7] is activated. Remaining seconds 5...4...3..." 
[Sprint] +1

His surroundings blurred as he darted his eyes across the area frantically, searching for that familiar mop of wild purple hair.

[Search] +1
[Search] +1
[Search] +1
...

Purple skirt, purple backpack, purple fur, purple balloon, purple hair... There!

"Toshi!"

Hitoshi swirled around at the sound of his name. He was crouched behind the Edgeshot booth, hiding in the shadow of an artificial rainbow-colored willow tree.

"Oh, hey, Izuku..."

"What were you thinking!?" Izuku clenched his shirt and got into his face, dilated green eyes meeting confused purple ones. "Why did you leave by yourself!? Do you know how worried I was when I saw that you were gone!?"

"Sorry..." Hitoshi scratched his hair, eyes downcast as he gestured at something he was holding onto. "I saw this wandering around and I just couldn't help but follow it..."