Chapter 14 The Missing Cat

Izuku swore to God he didn't do it on purpose.

It was an accident. After the visit to Gentle's house, he felt like whatever that was weighing him down had finally been lifted, and he had never felt so relieved before. In a rush of adrenaline, Izuku rode his bike extremely fast, turning a blind eye to all traffic order as he sped down the street without stopping at every intersection to look left and right.

It ran out too fast for Izuku to pull the brakes on time.

When he came to, he was lying on the ground face down, pain all over his body and a warm liquid touching his lips. He stuck out his tongue in reflex and licked it.

Blood.

He was bleeding from a wound on his forehead.

Everywhere hurt. Large patches of skin on his limbs had been shaved off by the pavement. A searing pain shot up his spine when he tried to move them. Something was constricting his lungs, making it hard to breath.

Izuku took a shuddering breath, his entire body rattling with exhale.

"Help..."

He thought.

"Your health has reached below 50%. Would you like to seek help?"
[YES] GOLA [NO] RIP

"Help me...please"

In his blurry vision the notification vanished and a dot appeared. Then more dots popped up, grouping together, stacking on top of each other, forming a circular shape that floated in the air.

"You want me to save you, master?"

Izuku couldn't read GOLA's expression. Its voice was monotone, lacking its usual sass.

"Please..."

A rectangle appeared before Izuku. He squinted his eyes, sharpening his sight. It looked like...the bazaar page?

A bottle-shaped item fell out of its diagram on the screen, much like how magicians pulled a burger straight out of the menu. The bottle floated towards Izuku, its cap popping off and allowing Izuku to see the color of the content.

Red. Like blood.

But he knew it wasn't blood.

"Drink it," GOLA ordered.

The bottle tilted, the red potion dripping over the rim and into Izuku's mouth, then it leaned back when Izuku had a mouthful as if it could read his mind. This repeated until the whole bottle was empty.

"Tastes like strawberry..." Izuku murmured, wiping his with his sleeves before he realized. "Ah, I can move now."

His vision cleared and Izuku skimmed over his body. All the injuries had disappeared, his skin unblemished like that of a newborn. Izuku swung his arm in wild circles, testing his movement. He could move it just fine.

"Thanks GOLA!"

GOLA turned away, the metallic color of its surface had a red tint to it. "D-Don't thank me. I'm just doing my job."

Before Izuku could respond, he heard a soft yeow behind him.

"Meow..."

A cat was lying a few feet away from Izuku. Its limbs were twisted in ways that turned Izuku's stomach upside down and its dirty white furs were smeared with blood.

Izuku rushed next to it. He placed a finger before its nose. Its breathing was shallow.

"GOLA, can I use the potion on others!?"