Chapter 35 Cause of Death: UNKNOWN

AN: This chapter is proofread by the lovely Elielephant. Go check out her works! She draws amazing digital art for her fics on AO3!

WARNING: There is a short, 1-paragraph, graphic autopsy procedure near the end of the chapter. It began with "The thought of..." and ended on "HUH?" Feel free to skip it if it might make you uncomfortable.

"Dabi-kun!"

Touya jolted, almost spilling his coke when his internet alias was called. He had been spacing out for the past ten minutes, and their little offline gathering had only gone on for about ten minutes. Partying, socializing, anything that had to do with interacting with lots of people just wasn't his thing.

"What?" He grumbled as he carefully set down his drink.

"It's your turn," Magne said with a smile. Sitting directly across from Touya, she was a large woman with musculine features and broad shoulders. She was the one who organized the meetup, gathering nearly a dozen people at the large round table reserved just for them at a Chinese Restaurant. On the lazy Susan was someone's phone, now pointed directly at him.

"My turn to do what?"

Someone snickered and Touya sent them a seething glare.

"Your reason for joining the Endeavor hateclub."

Touya looked down at his glass of coke. He was the only one who refused alcohol. He was old enough to drink, but he hated the taste, plus letting alcohol influence his mind and cause him to lose control of his body was plain idiocy. His reputation wasn't the only thing on the line if he fucked up and got caught on film. Considering the kind of assholes that existed on the internet, they'd for sure reveal every single detail of him they could find, including his relationship to Fuyumi. And he'd kill himself before he would let his mistake destroy her career.

"Why would anyone not join this hateclub?" Touya sneered, leaning back in his chair and crossing his legs under the table. "Violent, cruel, and selfish... Aside from saving people 'cause that's his fucking job, when had he ever acted like a hero? A hero inspires, motivates, gives us dreams and hope. All Endeavor knows how to do is use others for his own benefits with a complete disregard to their feelings and desires. No one in their right mind would think of him as their idol."

"Well said! I can't agree more!" Magne clapped and everyone else followed. She then motioned for Touya to spin the lazy Susan to choose the next participant.

With a sigh, Touya placed two fingers on the rotating piece of circular glass and lazily spun it. The entire time, he felt Magne eyes following his every move, though he couldn't confirm his suspicion due to the dark shades she wore.

Touya, just like everyone else, went by his online alias in this offline gathering. Due to his prominent hair color, he even dyed it black to erase any chance of people suspecting his relationship to Endeavor.

He was careful of what he said, how he acted, both online and offline. There shouldn't be any reason anyone would suspect his identity, no reason for Magne to look at him like a snake watching its prey.

As if this was a complaint party, accusations were thrown, rumors were discussed, and fantasies of Endeavor in numerous state of distress or humiliation were shared. Touya himself didn't mind listening on the sidelines as that failure of a hero was the topic of ridicule, but he didn't come to this offline gathering for this level of 'hate'. He wanted more action and less words, more ideas and less complaints.

He alone wasn't powerful enough to do something about Endeavor's absolute control over his family, so he had hoped that these like-minded individuals could provide him with some ideas and strength. Surprise, surprise. Turned out they were all conceited and ignorant fools who bad-mouthed others to make themselves feel better. How naive, to be satisfied with merely complaining and then hating Endeavor for continue being the way he was.