Chapter 11 The Flash

Chapter Summary: A boy gets rescued by a man who gets rescued by a boy.

It wasn't until the sound of gunshots was no more did Tenko noticed the thirst that had been trying to grab his attention for the past few hours. Leaving the controller on the couch, he made his way towards the sink, climbed onto a stool, and poured himself a bottle of water. The only container was an empty Dr. Pepper bottle on the counter.

It had been roughly six days since Tenko followed his savior to this house. He had noticed the destruction of his original house as he passed by. Nothing needed to be said. It was obvious his parents were dead. And yet. No heroes came.

The man had told him that he would be safe if he stayed here. Everything would be fine, and the sludge that killed mom and dad would be dealt with, so there was nothing to worry about. The man was never around, but even so, he would bring him food three times a day. They were just cheap convenience food, but they were able to sustain Tenko.

With enough food and water, and the newest inFamous game and console, Tenko was having a blast living in this shabby house. True that he missed his parents, but he was even more mad at the people who didn't help him when he was injured. His anger pushed his sorrow to the back of his mind as he unleashed his rage upon the innocent civilians in the game every day.

"Please don't hurt me."

"I don't want to die!"

Watching the civilians cower in fear as he shot past them and seeing them begging for help before he executed them always brought a sense of satisfaction within him. "Scum," they would call him; "hope you die in hell," they would say, but none of that fazed him. They'd be dead the next second anyway.

The water from the faucet tasted a little weird, but it was enough to sooth his dry mouth. Tenko took a gulp, kept it in his mouth, letting it soak his tongue. His mom had told him that when he was thirsty, the best way to get rid of the thirst quickly wasn't to take big gulps of water, but rather to take a gulp and just hold it there, letting the water moisturize his mouth.

Thinking of his mom brought tears to his eyes once again. Tenko willed them away, licking his dry lips as he took the bottle with him towards the couch. The best way to forget about her was to drown himself in the game.

As he picked up the controller, getting ready to kill some activists, he heard a noise by the entrance. And the next thing he knew, dozens of armed police officers barged through the door, pointing their weapons at him.

"Wha-"

A single sound uttered out of his lips before it was crushed by an officer barking orders.

"It's the boy! We found the boy!"

One of them lowered his weapon and ran up to him, looking as if he was about to grab onto Tenko.

Tenko shrieked, backing away to the other side of the couch and waving his hand wildly. "Get away from me! Don't touch me!"

"Be careful!" Another officer yelled. "He'll disintegrate you if he touches you!"

The first officer lowered his hand and glanced at Tenko with a look as if he was a criminal, a dangerous beast, an animal who should be kept in the zoo. That look brought up the anger within him, overriding his sorrow. Tenko got off the couch and hunched slightly, glaring defiantly at the armed officers.

Before either side could make a move, a familiar voice spoke up from the corner of the room.

"What an awful thing to say to a child. Don't you agree, Shimura Tenko?"