Chapter Four - Moment Of Truth

3rd P.O.V

Stepping out of the pod, you couldn't help but notice that something was off. Not only with you, but also with the two males that stood before you. A strange mixture of expressions, between shock and guilt, were plastered on their faces, immediately making you raise your eyebrows at the lack of chirpiness Coran seemed to possess currently.

"Keith? Coran?", you called their names, voice wavering. Your eyes felt heavy with sleep, and your legs threatened to buckle beneath you, after having been inactive in the pod for a while. Nonetheless, you didn't allow this to stop you from questioning the pair, concerned for their well-being.

You watched as they looked at each other as if speaking without words. After a short period of silence, Coran bit the bullet and took a small step forward. Only then did you notice something in his hands, something you presumed to be the results of the scan.

"Well, what did it say? Nothing bad, I hope?", you laughed it off, though the anxiety was eating away at you. After receiving no reply from the two, you raised a brow, making the ginger snap out of whatever trance he was in as he handed you the sheet of paper before assuming his previous spot next to Keith.

With trembling hands, you brought the paper up to your eye level, skimming through the results until you found something that caught your eye. Though small, the words you read next were life-changing. "Carrying; six weeks", lay on the sheet you grasped tightly in your hands.

Eyes now beginning to cloud over with tears, you couldn't register what was happening around you as your breathing began to quicken, growing more erratic with each passing second. With your heart now pounding relentlessly against your chest, you were struggling to believe it wasn't bursting out of your ribcage as your legs gave way beneath you, collapsing to the ground and fainting.

You didn't lose consciousness with a sense of security, however, as images of the man who had caused this all flashed through your head. The way his golden-yellow eyes held excitement as he took advantage of you, and how smug he had looked throughout the whole experience. With this image stuck in your head, you passed out with a cold sweat covering your body.

"I think we should get Pidge in here,", Coran muttered, watching as you read the results, looking as if the world was crumbling around you. Tugging at his hair in frustration, Keith let out a low growl before punching the nearest wall. He felt that the poor, h/c girl had already been through enough, and this child would be no more than a constant reminder of her suffering.

"To hell with that, Coran,", he fumed. "Don't you see her? She's falling apart and you can't even comfort her yourself! I can't even comfort her? How does someone deal with something as shitty as this?", the ravenette's voice gained volume with each word, the stoic expression of the man in front of him only adding fuel to the fire.

The next moments, for Keith at least, were merely a blur. It was as if a red filter was in front of his eyes as he felt his fist make contact with something. When he finally came to his senses, he was met with the sight of a bloody-nosed Coran, and a dull ache in his knuckles.

"I-I shouldn't be around her. I'd only hurt her,", he muttered, more to himself than anyone else, looking down at his bloody hands in horror as he scrambled towards the door, opening it before slamming it shut behind him. He flinched, but fled towards the training deck, wiping his hands vigorously on his pants in a desperate attempt to remove the blood.

Mind running in circles, he took out his emotions on the training bots. One after another, he shredded through them with brute force, paying no attention to the few cuts and grazes that he gained as he did so. Consumed by his emotions, the boy hardly noticed as the door opened, startling him from his haze mid-fight.