Chapter Eight - The Dump

Your P.O.V

Groaning, I held my head and opened my eyes. I looked around. I was in the green lion? A chair, presumably Pidge's, was to my right, and I was sprawled across the floor underneath the control panel. I sat up, using the ground as a means of doing so. 

As I leaned against the wall, I felt lightheaded so I touched my temples. There was a thick substance on the side of my head and, as I brought my hands in front of my face, I realised it was blood. 'Did I hit my head? Ugh... how is it even still bleeding? How long have we been here?', I thought. 

I felt a slight tap on my shoulder, snapping me from my thoughts. Looking up, Pidge was sat on her chair as she looked at me, her eyebrows furrowed. Luckily, she didn't appear to have any injuries, she just looked dazed. 

"y/n? What happened to your head? Are you hurt anywhere else?", she asked. Her voice was shaky, probably from recently waking up. I shook my head in response, immediately regretting it when a migraine began to accumulate. She scooted off her chair and next to me on the floor, getting me from under the desk and helping me up.

"T-thanks Pidge, but I'm honestly fine.", I assured. This received a look from her as if she didn't believe me. Sighing, I added, "If you're that worried then you can check whatever you want to.". She smiled, then continued checking for injury. 

After a while, she seemed satisfied and stopped. "Some bruising and small cuts, but other than that there doesn't seem to be any major injuries.", she explained, smiling.  I sighed in relief without realising, then rubbed the back of my neck. 'I don't know why, but that was seriously a relief.',  I thought. 

"Hey Pidge, what about you?", I asked, suddenly filled with worry for her. She simply shrugged.

"I already checked, no injuries. Seems like the straps on the chair kept me upright.", she explained. "It's a relief you weren't badly hurt, though. Especially when you were only sat under the control panel."

I nodded then leaned on the chair slightly,  a feeling of sickness washing over me.  As I looked outside of the lion however, I was in awe. We were in some sort of space dump and the sky surrounding it was made up of different shades of blue and green; it reminded me, in a way, of Earth.

"So how are we gonna get back?", I ask, feeling anxious about the whole 'lost in space' scenario. Pidge sat on her chair again, pulling her knees to her chest. 

"Well my lion won't work, we either need to wait for them to find us or wait until she recovers and then we can try to find them.", she reasoned. I agreed and we sat in the lion for a while, trying to pass the time. "So...", she started, a smirk forming on her face. 

I tilted my head - a signal for her to keep going - and she paused for a moment before talking again. "You and Keith seem close, you know", she teased, changing positions on the chair. As she crossed her legs, I blushed a little, looking away.

"W-we're not! He's probably just trying to compensate for lashing out before, but there's no way we're close. He seems awkward around me.", I admitted, hands wringing around each other. She shot a confused glance at me, brows furrowed more than I'd thought possible.

"What do you mean 'you're not close'?! You've been here for a little while now, and you've bonded with, like, all of us! You can't sit there and tell me you aren't close to Keith.", she said as she pushed her glasses up slightly.

I sighed, realising there was no way to convince her otherwise. "You're not giving this up, are you?", I asked. Even though I already knew the answer, I thought it'd be worth asking.

"Nope", she replied, smiling like mad. That smile soon morphed into a laugh as she mimicked Keith. "Hi, I'm Keith and I secretly like the new girl on the ship, yet I'm an awkward emo guy who feels too strange when I address pregnancy properly.", she mimicked, creating a mullet-like hairstyle with her own hair.