Chapter Ten - New Allies?

Your P.O.V

It had been a few days since we had all returned to the ship, and Shiro was still in a pod, recovering. It felt like a weight had been lifted when everyone was back on the ship and safe, but everything soon went downhill again when Shiro began mumbling in the pod. That, of course, led to what was going on now.

We all gathered outside of his pod, anxiously waiting for him to wake up. While Hunk and Keith stood right next to the pod, Allura and Coran were stationed at the control panel for the room, leaving Lance and me on the steps. Pidge, of course, was nowhere to be seen, probably in her lion's chamber again.

Silence filled the tense room the rest of us were in, though. No one knew what to say; what could you say when you were in a situation like this? Shiro's grunts echoed around the room and I doubt anyone wanted to speak about that, especially considering the reasons behind it probably weren't exactly nice.

Hunk, being the caring person he is, eventually broke the silence in the room. "Is he okay?", he asked.

"Sometimes, the healing process can cause involuntary brain wave reactions", Allura explains to us, but everyone still seems worried about him considering he's such an important part of their team.

He looks like he's having a bad dream...", Hunk says, and he's not wrong. His face held a look of pain, and the grunts he was letting out sounded as if he was in pain. Maybe he was having a nightmare about his time with the Galra? I could understand if he was, I've been through it myself and it would suffice to say it's not a pleasant experience.

"He just got blasted by a space witch and mauled by giant lizards", Keith finally spoke. What dream could be worse than that?", he finished, both him and Hunk staring at the pod. I felt a pang in my chest, knowing Keith must be suffering the most right now considering how close he is to Shiro.

'What's going on in your head, Shiro... Please wake up soon, for Keith.'

~ In Shiro's Dream ~

Purple lights filled Shiro's vision as he looked up.

"No, no, no!", he shouted, grunting as he fought against the brute strength of the Galran guard that seemed to be holding him down. Said guard brought a strange object to Shiro's arm and punctured his wrist with it, earning a grunt from the poor man.

He turned to his left and saw two more Galra men; one was a guard, the other stared at Shiro with his luminous yellow eyes. A burning hatred was ignited in Shiro as the Galra continued his fixated gaze on him.

"You took my hand. What more do you want?", Shiro spat, gritting his teeth at the pain lingering through his body. Instead of replying, the Galran simply turned away from Shiro, looking towards his comrade who still held that object to Shiro's wrist.

Shiro grunted helplessly; his body ached with pain but he couldn't throw them off out of fear of what would happen if he did. The other Galran man seemed to move his arm towards his friend before speaking.

"Stop! I want him awake enough to feel this", he demanded.

His comrade obliged, turning away from Shiro and walking to the corner of the small room. As he did this, the 'head Galran' turned to the guard behind him and grabbed his head, slamming it against the wall using a significant amount of might. The guard grunted and stumbled backwards as his apparent attacker made his way towards the remaining Galran in the room.

This time, he shoved the guard back, making his back hit the wall with inhumane force. After doing so, he ran back to Shiro's side and began helping the man. He brought a small, purple device to Shiro's robot arm and began loading some sort of data on to it.