Chapter Thirty - Eye For An Eye

"Well, well. What a pleasant surprise. This is where you've been hiding all this time,", a calm, cold voice spoke, a smirk rising on his pale, purple face. Teeth clenched, you sent a harsh glare his way. "Now now, sweetheart, what seems to be the problem? It's been so long since we've seen each other, we should catch up,", he chuckled, tilting his head to the side in faux innocence.

"That's the last thing I'd want to do with a pig like you,", you scoffed, e/c eyes hardening as he looked you up and down, prompting goosebumps across your skin.

"Then why did you come here to talk to me? You could have brought someone along, but you came by yourself,", he pointed out, smile growing wider when he saw your hands form fists. "Oh, getting confident, now are we? The last time I saw you, you were quite a feeble being. What changed?"

"Stay away from my friends, okay? I don't know who you think you are, to come here and save us, then act all innocent, but I'm not buying it. You're just the same piece of shit as you always have been, and the only reason you got what you wanted before is that your dad is the Emperor. Look where that got you,", he quirked a thick, white brow at your words, taking a step closer to you, but you stayed firmly planted in your spot, showing him you weren't scared.

"I might be banished from my kind, little girl, but that doesn't mean I have any less power,", he warned. "If I wanted to, I could rip your clothes right off and remind you of the good old times, but I'm not here for that, though it would be a welcomed benefit,", smack. Moving before you could think, you brought your hand into contact with his face, knocking his face to the side as he down up at you with a smirk. "Very attractive, as ever,"

"You're vile,", you hissed, his words sending shivers down your spine, though you refused to acknowledge that.

"You wound me, y/n,", he fretted. "I just want to talk. How have you been?"

"That's none of your concern,", you crossed your arms over your chest. "But if you must know, I've been much better since I got away from you, and I intend to keep it that way, so I won't stay it again. Stay away from us, or I'll deal with you myself,"

"Feisty, aren't we?", he remarked. "Who are you trying to protect? Surely, this isn't just about your friends,"

"They're my family,", you snapped, shoving him further back into his cell.

"Careful, now. You wouldn't want to endanger them, would you?", fed up, you turned to close the cell, but he spoke again. "One of my associates saw you, looking rather... large, a few months back. Pregnant, in her opinion. Yet now, you're not. Where is the child?"

"Do not bring my son into this,", you growled, gripping the control tighter.

"Is it not our son?", he questioned. "Sweetheart, he's the next in line for the Galra Empire, after me. You can't possibly expect to keep him all to yourself, now, can you?", the sweet, sinister tone to his voice made you feel sick - disgusted, even. Turning away from his piercing gaze, your hand hovered over the control.

"He's my son. He will never be yours, so keep your hands away from him,", with that, you closed his cell and stormed off, your heart pounding hard against your chest as tears - angry, hot, thick tears - rolled down your face. He knew about Isiah, the one person you were trying to keep from him. You had thought your son was safe from the prying eyes of scum like him, but you had been wrong, and now he was threatening to take someone who mattered so much away from you. Someone too young to be able to defend himself.

Clenching your fists, you silently prayed for Keith to be back soon. There was nothing you longed for more than to be comforted by the presence of your lover, and have that bit of reassurance that he would protect your little family, just like he always had.