Chapter Eighteen - Whirlwind of a Plan

3rd P.O.V

"Thank you, Ryner, for all you and the Olkari have done to assist us,", Allura told the Olkari leader, Coran and Slav by her side. The paladins - and you, since you didn't want to be around Allura - were hovering over the finished teludav, awaiting further instructions. "Once we defeat Zarkon, it is my hope that we can continue to unite our forces and rebuild the once great coalition that my father, King Alfor, began,"

Cheers erupted from the crowd of Olkari that had been listening, Allura taking the chance to stare out and smile at them. From the red lion, you bit back the urge to roll your eyes; she had become quite irritating to you as of late, though you weren't sure why, but it seemed as though everything she did got on your nerves.

"Princess, it's time,", Coran informed her.

---

Now that Allura, Slav and Coran had returned to the castle, it was time for the plan to be put into motion. The lions, appropriately positioned around the large teludav, were preparing to transport it, as there was no other way to move such a colossal thing, though once they had left the planet's atmosphere, it wouldn't be an issue.

"Everyone lock into position. We're taking this thing up,", everyone followed Shiro's directions, the jaw of the lions hooking onto the teludav. "Princess, we are a go for launch,", he informed Allura. From beside Keith, you huffed at the mention of her title; a princess would be accepting of everyone, meaning she was everything but.

"Charging the main turbine,", you heard her say, and soon enough the castle was lifting off of the ground, flying away from Olkarion. The paladins followed closely after, though their pace was diminished because of the object they were carrying.

It was a strange sight to see if you weren't aware of the carefully laid plans about to take place, but to them, it was a step closer to ending the hell that had reigned over the universe for over 10,000 years; it was their duty to restore some form of peace to everyone, and that was not something to be taken lightly.

---

"Alright guys, listen up,", Shiro stood on a podium in the control room, everyone gathered around him. "I'll use the black lion to lure Zarkon's fleet to our current location and make sure he's within the teludav's area of effect,", he showed a representation via holograph. "Keeping the teludav hidden behind the space-fold until the last possible second is essential. We can count on you, right, Slav?"

"Absolutely. I'll be fine,", the alien replied, multiple eyes trained on him. He then squinted, looking to the side thoughtfully. "I'm not too sure about the gravity generator, though,", his statement struck panic in Hunk once again, head shooting towards the dupli-armed thing.

"What? What was that last thing?", he questioned.

"Hiding a ship is one thing,", Slav began, bringing a hand to his chin. "but I've never had to build a gravity generator for something this large before. I know it'll work, but I'm not really sure for how long,", he shrugged his abundance of shoulders, arms stretched out.

"Well, that's just a risk we'll have to take,", Shiro sighed. "Once Zarkon's ship is in position, Kolivan and Antok will coordinate with Thace. Together, they'll take down Zarkon's security system and upload the virus,", Pidge crossed her arms, smirking smugly.

"And then, hell be a sitting du-flax,", she pushed her glasses up, expecting someone to get her reference, but no one did. Instead, she was met with a group of confused stares and wide eyes. "What? A du-flax is an Altean creature with a beak and webbed feet,"

"We'll wormhole Zarkon 500 million light-years away,", Coran pranced around, throwing a faux wormhole that almost skimmed Shiro's head, the man having to duck to dodge it. "and he'll be in the Yggiz galaxy before he knows what's hit him!"