Chapter 10

Seraphina Amor

Things had been moving slow this last week.

Any word of a spotting of Jensen had gone to complete radio silence. There were no unexpected deaths, no sightings of him; absolutely nothing and it was driving Harry as well as myself up the wall.

The two of us had tried to return back to the restaurant to try and actually go through with our original plan but reservations had been completely booked out for the next few weeks. So that completely eliminated one of our only leads. Also, not to mention the fact that Harry refused to go back to Ecstasy until we actually started getting a move on the case, which was completely reasonable. I had no desire to go back there anyway.

All in all, everything seemed to have been completely paused, nothing moving forward or progressing in our mission.

"I'm just saying, there's something weird going on and I don't like it," I tell Harry as I sit on one of the stools, picking at the mac and cheese he had made for me to eat in the meantime.

"It doesn't take a genius to figure that out," Harry mumbles, his eyes cast down at the pasta he was cooking for later.

"But isn't it just so convenient that just a few days after I shoot at that guy everything with Jensen just stops. Makes it obvious that he was working with him but where the hell did he go," I say mindlessly, just allowing my thoughts to be voiced aloud.

"This guy is a mastermind. We aren't going to find him in a day," Harry reminds me, glancing over his shoulder.

"Clearly," I grumble, stabbing at the small bits of cheesy macaroni.

The loud hum of the fan over the stove sounds throughout the kitchen and I take a fork full of the mac and cheese, chewing slowly. As much as I hated to admit it, the food was actually pretty good. If it wasn't Harry that cooked it, I might have actually admitted it out loud but there was no way I was going to feed into his constantly growing ego.

Just as a calm sets upon the penthouse, it's quickly shattered as Harry's front door swings open and a loud voice booms through the room.

"Good afternoon, my friends."

I don't even need to look up from my bowl to pin that voice on the curly brunette that had a knack of showing up randomly at Harry's apartment.

Leon waltzes into the kitchen with a goofy smile, planting himself right next to Harry. He was wearing a bright yellow trench coat completely unbuttoned with no shirt underneath and black leather pants. I tried to hold back a snort at how Harry's completely black outfit was the polar opposite of Leon's vibrant splash of color.

"What are we cooking over here?" Leon asks, peering into the pot on the stove. He lets out a gasp and clasps his hand together. "Oh, spaghetti. How did you know I was in the mood?"

Leon pats Harry's back which causes him to quickly shoulder Leon's hand off of him, mumbling something under his breath. In response to whatever Harry had said, Leon just rolls his eyes at him, walking over to me with a smile and sitting down in the seat next to me.

"He makes the best spaghetti I've ever had but that little shit refuses to give me the recipe," he says, his voice raising a little louder towards the end of his sentence, clearly making sure that Harry heard him.

Harry stops his stirring, turning around to face Leon with a frown. "The more you nag me about giving it to you, the chances of you actually getting it decreases rapidly."

With that Harry returns back to his excessive stirring and Leon laughs quietly next to me.

"Always the dramatic," Leon whispers to me. "So, tell me how things are going with this Jensen case?" He leans forward, his elbow perching on the countertop, chin resting in his hand.