Chapter 13

Seraphina Amor

Things didn't take long to get into motion, Harry quickly urging Wyatt to get a move on his work.

"We need to get this shit done with," Harry mumbles as he stands behind Wyatt's left shoulder, observing as he gets his computer set up.

"You can rush me when you're able actually do this. Until then, keep you mouth shut," Wyatt snaps, typing his passcode into the computer. Harry puffs out his chest, glaring at the back of Wyatt's head.

"Can I see the card?" Wyatt asks, turning to look over at me. I nod gently, walking over to where the card laid on the counter by the home phone.

Passing it over to him, he takes it gratefully, twisting it in his hand to examine it. He focuses on the barcode before humming and reaching into his bag. His hand fishes around in the pocket before he pulls out a scanner. Switching it on, he hovers it over the barcode, pressing down on a button until a high pitched beep is heard.

In a few seconds, a black screen pops up on his computer. In the center, a box appears, requesting for a password.

"This shouldn't be that difficult," Wyatt announces, lacing his fingers and cracking them before starting to type away at the computer.

I try to keep up with what he's doing but multiple tabs are showing up all over, lines and lines of numbers and code printing out. It makes my head spin as I watch it play out in front of me. There was no way I was a computer person, not even close.

He's typing so fast that his fingers nearly begin to blur together. Wyatt's undivided attention is placed solely on the screen in front of him, barely even taking the time to blink.

The longer I sat there and watched, the more confused I became. Shaking my head, I slip out of the stool next to him, walking over to where Leon is leaning against the counter, casually sipping on a glass of water.

"I have no clue what he's doing," I whisper over to him, keeping my eyes on Wyatt as he clicks something with his mouse before returning back to typing.

"No one does half the time. Tried getting him to teach me a long time ago but the second he started using technical terminology, I called it quits," he tells me, twisting around to place the glass onto the surface behind us.

Harry was staring at Wyatt as he worked, tapping his foot against the floor impatiently. He was stone-faced, blinking lazily as he watched.

"How long do you think it's going to take?" I ask, facing Leon. He shrugs with a nonchalant expression.

"Probably not that long. All depends on how difficult it is to hack into the software," he answers knowingly.

The two of us stop our short conversation, returning our focus back onto Wyatt. The room is tense with anticipation, all four of us anxious to see what the card would tell us. I assumed it would give us some type of information. There wasn't a photo ID like there usually was, meaning that whoever distributed the cards only wanted specific people to see the data that it contained. Whether it was training data, personal information and whatnot, I had no clue.

But there had to be something on that card that was of use.

We all stand there observing Wyatt who doesn't even pay mind to us. His brown eyes are darting around the screen, figuring out what he needed to do.

I bite at my nails restlessly, yet another nervous habit I've always had. My patience was starting to decline the longer I stood there. I knew that it took time and we couldn't rush him because one wrong move and everything gets messed up.