Chapter 18

Seraphina Amor

15k words.... hope you enjoy!

I've never been to prom, or homecoming, or formals, or whatever kind of dances schools held for students in highschool.

I've never felt that rush of excitement when your date is almost at your house and you're rushing around, making the final touches to your outfit.

I've never felt those butterflies that flutter in your stomach as you open your door, eyes locking with the person who would be accompanying you.

I've never dealt with the awkward photos and smiles that you gave your parents as they cried over how beautiful you looked and how their little baby was growing up.

I've never had that awkward first dance where you don't know how to place your hands so you both awkwardly sway together.

I've never had that weird and innocent kiss on the cheek to say goodnight as your date drops you off at your front door.

I've never experienced any of those things and I was completely and utterly nervous for tonight.

However, it wasn't for the reasons I should be.

I wasn't nervous about posing as a dead woman. I wasn't nervous about breaking into a top notch gala and trying to find the men who tried to kill Harry and I.

No, those were simple things that worried me as much as crossing the street does.

The list of things that I was nervous about were adolescent and I didn't even want to think about them from how embarrassed it made me feel.

Staring down at the edge of the bed, my dress laid there, blue material spread across the sheets. My hands were placed on my silk robe covered hips, eyes narrowing in on the dress. I was nearly ready. My hair was already curled, tucked behind my shoulder to keep it away from my face and my makeup was all set and done.

This was the final piece to pull everything together.

There was no reason for me to be as hesitant to put on the dress as I was. It was just simple fabric sewn together. Yet there was something so cautious within me about draping it over my body.

Pulling my bottom lip between my teeth, I titled my head, eyes flickering over the lace flowers that were embedded in the top of the skirt.

It was beautiful, that's for sure.

Taking a small step forward, my hand reaches out to grasp the soft material, rubbing it gently with my fingers. It's smooth beneath my touch, the skirt soft and light. I release a soft sigh, dropping the dress back down onto the bed, moving my hands to the tie of my robe.

Undoing the small bow that rested just above my hip bone, I slip the silk off of my body, allowing it to fall to the floor with a soft thump. Lifting the dress up, I undo the back, leaving it open for me to step into.

My stomach was fluttering with anticipation as I stepped into the dress, carefully pulling it up my body. It slid on perfectly just like it did the other day, the top of it resting in just the right spot to show the smallest amount of cleavage but not too much.

The dress was perfect and a soft smile snuck its way onto my lips at the thought.

Walking over to the full length mirror that rested in the corner, I cocked my head to the side as I looked over my reflection. The ends of the dress barely skimmed the floor, the length still long enough to cover my feet. Each of the lace flowers that decorated the top and beginning of the skirt blended in that only if you were paying attention you would be able to notice the design.