Chapter 22

TW: Blood

Seraphina Amor

The entire car ride I thought Harry was going to crash the car from how fast he was driving. His knuckles were nearly white from how tight he was gripping the wheel and I was sure he drove through a red light or two.

Clearly whatever Leon had insinuated about the situation was pretty severe because Harry was driving like a mad man and it was beginning to worry me.

"Can't you slow down a little bit?" I ask, glancing at Harry quickly then back to the road.

We were on the road that led to the warehouse and although it was mostly open land on either side, the risk of a crash was still there and I was beginning to get a little car sick.

The scenery on either side was whirling past us in a blur and I could barely make out anything other than the mesh of colors. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath to calm myself down.

"Styles, I swear to whatever higher power there is, if you don't slow down I'm going to puke all over you and your fucking car and I'm not going to give a shit."

The threat was simply a warning, I wasn't actually going to throw up but it sure felt like I was. Maybe it was a mix of the whiplash of emotions I've experienced in the last thirty minutes, but I certainly felt the farthest from well at the moment.

"Do not puke in my car, Amor," Harry says, his head snapping over at me with a glare.

I return the look, hand gripping onto the handle of the door even tighter. "I'm not opposed to it. Either you go a little bit slower or you're going to have to deal with me blowing chunks all over your fancy car."

Harry's glare deepens but thankfully, he loosens his foot on the pedal, the car still going faster than I would have liked but slower than before. I let out a sigh of relief, slumping into my seat.

"You better not puke," Harry grumbles, head turned back to the road.

I grin at him, rolling my eyes subtly. "I won't puke, swear it. Now that that's out of the way though, do you want to tell me what is going on?"

I was still in the dark about this whole thing as Harry was relatively silent this entire drive so far. I guess he got so caught up in the moment that he forgot we were partners and he was supposed to tell me things.

"Leon didn't give me specifics. Just told me to get there as soon as possible and that whatever happened was bad. Said there was a lot of blood," he explains, brow furrowing as he does so.

"Blood?" I question, confusion now running deep.

"Yeah, I don't even know, but it's bad," Harry says in a rush, his finger tapping against the leather of the wheel anxiously.

My lips pressed together in a line as I turned my head to stare out the windshield, a feeling of pure dread washing over me. Subconsciously, my leg began to bounce and I started picking at my nails, digging into the skin.

Up ahead, I could see the warehouse, two cars parked in front of it. Faintly, there were the outlines of two people, one standing still while the other paced back and forth. My leg bounced harder as we approached the building, Harry nearly swerving onto the gravel to park.

Leon and Wyatt looked up from their places, Wyatt leaning against his car while Leon stopped his walk to stare at us with a frantic look. I move to unbuckle my seat belt as Harry pulls the keys out of the ignition, following after me as we step out of the car.

"What the hell is going on?" Harry asks the second he gets within earshot of Leon, a hint of urgency in his voice.

"Thank god you guys are here," Leon sighs, quickly meeting us in the middle, Wyatt following not too far beyond. "We've got a big problem and a messy one as well."