Do it

"Let me get this straight." I say as I stand in front of Jace and Izzy. "We need Alec's stele to open the safe, and I have to steal it from him?"

"Borrow." Jace fixes quickly.

"Without his knowledge." Izzy says soon after. I mull over the decision in my head. No matter how much I don't want to ever betray Alec, the fate of the shadow world could be at stake.

I look up at both of the much more experienced shadow hunters before me once I've made my decision. "I'll do it but he can't know it was me. Ever."

"Of course." Izzy says with a smile. I watch as she grabs her locket in her hand and it makes me smile.

"Okay." Jace walks over to me and lays a hand on my head. "Now get on with it." He lowers his head to my eye level and smirks. "The world kind of depends on it."

I laugh but shove off his hand. "Oh no pressure there."
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Leaning up against the doorway of the office alec is in I watch as he pulls a bandage off his arm. He winces causing me to wince too. It looked pretty bad. I step forward slowly towards him.

His head turns quickly when the floorboard squeaks giving away my location. I nod to his arm as I wrap my arms around myself.

"That looks pretty bad." Alec just shrugs. I place myself next to him on the edge of the desk. "Look alec," he doesn't look but I can tell he's listening. "Things between us.." I swallow roughly. "They haven't been the greatest recently." I finally look him dead in the eyes. "I just wanted to come say that I know what your doing is for your family and I'll support that."

Alec who had been looking deeply into the ground as I spoke looked up as the last syllable left my mouth. "I just ask you this alec, you said to me a while back.." I pull the letter out of my back pocket. "That you hoped to explain your reasons to me one day. Can today be that day?"

He sighs and looks away from me again. "Rory. I just have to do this."

"But why her?" His head snaps up to me. "Why does it have to be..." I stop myself before I let myself get to far. I swallow as to pull back all my emotions. I turn to alec to see him still staring at me. With no sign of answer in sight I turn towards the door and I start to walk away.

"Because of her name, Aurora." I stop as his voice breaks through the silence behind me. Slowly, I turn. He gets up and he walks to stand in front of me. "You're right, I am doing this for my family."

As he finally opens up I take his spot leaned against the desk.

"Her dad is one of the most influential people within the clave. That could restore my family name tremendously." Alec sighs and runs a hand through his already messy black curls. "That's why her."

"You don't love her though?" I turn my head to the side as I watch Alec's reaction carefully. He doesn't react at all.

"It doesn't matter what I feel Aurora." Alec sighs and walks to the other side of the room.

"It should always matter what you feel,Alec." I raise my voice not at a yell but so he can hear me clearly. "If you don't love her don't do it." You can hear the begging in my voice. I would play it off as me simply caring for a friend but few people knew that wasn't the case.

"I have to." Alec seeming to get fed up with the conversation makes way to the door leaving his stuff in the room but i shout to him. In that one split second decision, it could change to course of everyone's futures.

"What about me?" He stops dead in his tracks and turns. In two quick strides he's made it back across the room to me.

"What about you?" He asks with almost hope in his eyes.

"You have to restore your family name. Fine I'm a goldstark. One of the best shadow hunters was my dad. You want restoring you got it." He tilts his head. "Marry me instead."

"Rory I.." Alec stutters.

"Please don't marry her, alec."I finally let the extent of my emotions show. Tears fall down eyes staining my cheeks. "Just tell me that not what you want."

"You're what I want, Aurora" Alec says finally. I release all the air I had been holding. " you're what I've wanted since the moment I've seen you."

"So you'll do it?" I ask him. "It's me? Not her?"

"It's always been you over her Aurora." He pulls me into a hug and Before I know it he pulls his stele out of my waist band.

"Alec that's not what it seems." I try to explain.

He shushes me and places the stele in my hand. My eyes meet his in question. He knew I had taken it.

"Do it." A smile breaks out in my face and I throw my arms around alec once more. I hold on for more than before. I missed Alec.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
With a smile that will not budge on my face I walk up to jace and Izzy. I pull Alec's stele out of my pocket and hand it to jace.

"That took you a while." Jace comments as he opens the safe on the floor. "It must've been hard to get."

"On the contrary, he practically handed it right to me." Jaces eyes flash up to me for a split second as he grabs the cup and shoved it in his jacket pocket.

"Okay so next step is to go get clary." Jace says walking towards the weapons room. I slowly walk in behind and Izzy follows behind me. Quickly we all begin strapping weapons on.

"Are you alright, Aurora?" Izzy asks as she comes to my side. I stop strapping my dagger on my thing and I look at her. " you look like you've been crying."

"I'm okay." Something in my face Izzy could tell I was being honest.

"What happened between you and Alec in there?" Jace asks not even looking up from his throwing knives.

"He caught me stealing the stele." With my words jaces and Izzy's eyes become lasers. "And then he handed it back to me and said do it."

"My brother truly loves you." Izzy says with a laugh. I just smile and shake my head. Suddenly a sharp pain is felt in my arm. Izzy slapped me. "You know something!"

"I don't know anything." I say and rush out of the room after Jace. She follows after me. She lets it go for now but I can tell it'll be an interrogation later.

As we're walking towards the door hodge stops us. "Where do you think your going? It's a very dangerous time and no one is allowed to leave the premises without express orders."

"Clary needs us, hodge." Hodge rolls his eyes at jaces words but you can tell he understands. "The clave is looking for her. she could be in serious danger."

"Well in that case I'd make a timely exit before anyone of importance notices your gone." Hodge steps aside slightly.

"Thank you hodge." I say as we walk past. He was always ready to help us.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Wow alec and Aurora are sweethearts. I love my babes so much.

Goldstark or light wood?