Bloody knuckles

"Fifty bucks says he doesn't approve of this mission." Izzy murmured to jace and I as we stand around the weapons shelf. Exactly on time Alec walks up with his usual grumpy scowl.

"I don't approve of this mission." Sighing I dig in my pocket along with jace and we pull out fifty bucks each. Which Izzy accepts with a grin. " I spoke with the clave, their sending seelie scouts to search for valentine but they made it clear that thing one," he exclaims pointing to clary and then pointing at me. " and Thing two do not leave the premises."

"Alec this warlock could have the answers we need, and with valentines men hunting the both of the they are not safe outside alone." Jace replies in our defense. He's not as bad as I thought he was.

"Jace has a point." Izzy speaks up with her hands on her hips.

"Et tu, Izzy" Alec sasses at her. I stand slightly in front of Her to gain Alec's attention.

"Their right Alec this is the only way we get answers, you know that." I say straight to his face trying to stop all of the bickering. He turns angrily to clary.

"Alright since you have all the answers where do you suggest we search." Alec hollers angrily.

"We should start at dots apartment in green point and there's this thrift sho..." clary suddenly cuts her sentence off with a gasp. She reaches up and clasps her necklace in her hand. W has a far off look in her eyes as she stands there. Jace steps forward from beside me and grabs onto her upper arms.

"What's wrong" He asks with a hint of concern in his voice. Clary focus again and looks up at jace.

"I, Uhm" she pauses trying to get it out. "I think I know where dot is."

"Great I'll drive" Simon suggests while pulling his keys out. He stops at the weird looks the lightwoods are giving him. "What? Unless you have some sort of shadowhunter mobile."
__________________
"Clary, wait" jace yells chasing after her in the dark alley. At the sound of his voice clary stops and turns to him.

"Circle members." She breathes out. When I stop I lean down and put my hands on my knees. I am so out of shape. "Their the same men that took my mom, they have dot." My head snaps up at the last sentence. Dot is like a sister to clary and I. We can't let the circle hurt her.

"We have to stop them." I take off running towards the club. I can't let them hurt dot. She's family. I burst through the doors of the empty club. I don't see her anywhere. Seeing that she's not here I turn to the nearest wall and punch it.

"God damnit" I yell while punching the wall again. I was about to punch it again but a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist. I look over my shoulder and see that it's Alec.

"It's not safe here" Alec warned the group while I'm trying to get out of his hold. I felt like I was making progress until he tightened his hold around my waist. Realizing it was no use I stop. "We need to get back to the institute."

"So what now we're just gonna give up?" Clary asks. Alec tightened his hold on my waist seeming to have gotten mad at clary's statement.

"Don't you give a damn about your sister she's hurt." Alec yells while grabbing ahold of my hand and showing clary. My knuckles have split open from hitting the wall. "We need to get her back to the institute"

"What about my memories? They can't be gone." Clary says completely ignoring Alec.

"There is another option." Jace suggests. immediately Alec and Izzy respond at the same time.

"Absolutely not"

"I'm not afraid of the silent brothers." Jace says while shaking his head. As if Alec seemed to remember he was holding my waist he gently let go.

"Who are the silent brothers?" Clary asks him. I look down at my hand and see that it's bleeding still. Out of the corner of my eye I see Alec sigh and rip a piece of his shirt off. Gently he takes my hand and wraps the cloth around my knuckles. As he's doing this I look at his face noticing how he slightly bites his lip as he's focusing. Shaking my head to clear it I look over at Izzy to see her smirking at us. I roll my eyes at her causing her to roll her eyes too. Once Alec's done he awkwardly drops my hand. I slowly walk over to Izzy thinking about the nap that I so greatly deserve right now.

"Their superior shadow hunters with the power to get your memories back" jace explains to clary.

"A process that can also kill you" Alec speaks up from my side. He shrugs while looking down at me. "So there's that."

I laugh while looking at his face which he responds by sticking out his tongue. "Your bedside manner is abysmal, Alec." I laugh while patting his shoulder. He smiles at me but it quickly drops when he looks over at jace.

"We've broken at least 18 clave laws and now you want to go to the city of bones?" Alec murmurs to jace. "There's no way I won't allow it."

Looking at the way jace and Alec interact I can tell they care about each other. It's almost like how I care about clary. I agree with Alec I don't want Clary doing something that could hurt her.

"It's not our decision." Jace pipes in while looking over at Clary. She seems to understand that he wants her to decide weather to do it or not. "This is clary's decision. At jace's statement Izzy and I both step in.

"You can't ask her to do this." Izzy scolded jace.

"No, it's not happening." I argued with jace. Izzy shows me she agrees by nodding her head. She comes and stands next to me.

"She doesn't even know what she's facing." Izzy scolds again. Seeing that Izzy is getting mad I place my hand on her shoulder. At my touch she seems to relax more. She speaks up again but this time it's more calm and quieter. "She's not prepared."

"If anyone can tell me another way we can recover my memories and still get the answers we need, I'm listening" Clary speaks up from her spot beside Simon. I scoff at her. If everyone here is telling her it's a bad idea why is she so willing to do it. After a long moment of silence she peaks up again. "That settles it."

"See? I told you she was one of us." Jace smirks at Alec.
————————————————————
Ohh spooky the silent brothers!

The silent brothers or the clave?