Tarot cards

"I know where the cup is." Clary exclaims once Alec, Iz and I walk into Magnus's apartment. She looks at me with a smile. "The tarot cards!"

My interest are suddenly peaked. I sit up a little straighter. Dot always had the cards with her I just figured it was so she could predict what was gonna happen.

"She must have painted them years ago." Then it suddenly hits me. "About the same time she took the cup." The timeline matches up. I stand up and walk over to Clary. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Clary nods.

"Ace of cups." Our voices ring out at the same time. It was the card dot pulled on clary's birthday. I see the others giving us a weird look. "The card looks exactly like it."

"All we have to do is..." Clary pauses. "Find dot."

"If dot has the cards when she was taken we don't have much time." Jace goes to step forward but I stop him.

"There's no guarantee she had them with her." Alec nods his head.

"Rory's right." He looks me in the eyes from the other side of the room but I can't bring myself to look at him. Not after I read the letter.

Luke soon walks in with a knowing look. "This time she actually is right, I have them." Everyone goes stif. "There in my desk back at the precinct. When you guys went missing I cleared everything out of the loft cause I didn't want the circle to track you."

"That's wonderful now all we need to do is go get them." I step forward a little bit. "How hard could it be?"
————————————————————————

Apparently really hard. I sigh as I watch what looks to be Internal affairs escort luke away in hand cuffs.

"Looks like we're doing this the hard way." I sigh as I turn to Clary, Jace, Iz, And Alec. They all give me a confused look. "I have a plan just follow my lead."

I take out my stele and run it over my glamour rune. If it really is internal affairs we need to talk to luke without being seen. I lead Clary and jace into the investigation room.We wait patiently for the director to leave and then we talk to luke. He puts a tissue up to his nose and tells jace to cut the camera.

"Get the cards, bottom drawer of my desk". Luke says sternly. Jace and Clary start for the door but I stop them.

"Glamour won't work." They give me a confused look. "He's not the only down worlder on the force. We need to be smart about this. Jace?" I question him and he looks up at me. "Any ideas?"

"I have one but your not gonna like it?" He says. He looks over at me with a thoughtful look.

"It's the best we've got."

"You need to pretend to breakup with Alec." Jace gives me a smirk. That conniving bitch. He just wants me to talk to Alec.

Clary stands up a little straighter. "Makes perfect sense. Captain Vargas knows you had guy troubles."

"I'm only doing this because the fate of the shadow world rest on it." I grumble. I can't believe I'm doing this. I walk out of the room and into a closet to get rid of my glamour. Next I walk over to Alec, who had just gotten here and drag him along with me by the collar. I walk towards Luke's desk and stop when I see captain Vargas.

"You bitch!" The sound of me slapping Alec echos throughout the room. He almost falls but steadies himself. "How could you do that to me?"

"I'm sorry?" He questions not knowing what I'm talking about.

"Sure sounds like it." I wink to let him know I'm acting and he finally gets it. I turn to walk towards the desk but he grabs my arm.

"Babe, please don't be mad." I almost melt when he calls me that but I shake my head. He's just acting.

"Get off me!" I shout. I walk over towards Luke's desk and captain Vargas stops me.

"Is everything alright, Aurora?" I shake my head no and start to cry.

"He cheated on me." I have to say my acting is pretty good.

"Rory!" Alec shouts as police hold him back. "Rory I love you." I know he's acting but it still hurt. I'm in love with him and he doesn't know it. "I'm sorry."

"Get him out of here." The police escort him out and I walk over to Luke's desk.

"I'm sorry for coming in here like that." I sigh "i caught him cheating and then I lost my keys to the loft so I decided to come get Luke's."

"I'm sorry aurora but IA took everything." I sigh at her words. Can't just one thing be easy around here.

"When can i get it?"

"Not until after he gets cleared." Urggghh so now I have to wait until this whole thing is over.

"Okay thank you captain." I smile and walk out of the room. As soon as I pass the door frame my smile drops. I sigh when I walk out of the police station.

"You know that was actually pretty fun to watch." Jace says with a big smile. He puts his arm around my shoulders but I shake it off. I can't deal with all of this right now we just need to focus on getting the cup. Get the cup, take down valentine and his army.

"Can it, Jace. I can't deal with everyone's bullshit today." I groan. He finally breaks and decided to ask me what's the matter.

"Aurora, I may have only known you for a week now but I know when something is up with you." He sighs. "What is it? talk to me." He practically begs. I was about to speak but then Clary and Alec walk over to us.

"What's the matter with who?" Clary asks when she reaches us. At her question I look up at Alec. As soon as I make eye contact with him I look away. He just had to go and wrote me a freakin letter. He could've just said it to my face, granted he probably would've gotten punched but still. Out of the corner of my eye I see jace look between Alec and I.

"It doesn't matter." I sigh running a hand through my platinum locks. "Right now all that matters is getting the key card to the evidence vault upstairs." I point to Alec. "You. We work together to get the key card." My finger drifts over to a smiling Jace and a focused Clary. "You and you. Get into the vault get the cup and then," my finger makes a swirling motion to all of us. "We get the hell out of dodge."

————————————————————————
Wow sorry it took so long to update I've been really busy lately. Comment what you think about what Alec is doing at the moment. It's torturing me as the author to not immediately make my baby aurora happy but alas that would not be as interesting.

Brotherly Jace or sisterly Izzy?