Your mom scares me

"Faster Alec!" I shout.

"Aurora I can't go any faster." He laughs. "We're not even supposed to be doing this."

Everything around me is a blur. It's official the best decision ever to ask Alec to spin me in an office chair. He suddenly stops and slows the chair down. As it stops spinning he walks over by his closet.

"Now try and walk over to me." He says. Probably while crossing his arms. I can't really see anything right now. Slowly I get up and try to stumble over to him. As I get about half way I stumble over my feet  and land on my butt. I hear Alec's laugh boom across the room. As my eyes begin to focus and the room stops spinning I look up at Alec.

"Now I feel sick." I pout. With a smile Alec walks over to me. He grabs my hands and pulls me up off the ground. I expected him to let go of my hands but he kept a hold of them. He begins to look at me with a serious face. I laugh. "What? do I have something on my face?"

"No." He smirks. He studies me for a little longer and then sighs. "We should go find jace and your sister."

"Alec?" I ask. He stops walking and turns toward me. "Can you maybe... carry me?"

He smiles. "Anything for you."

"Yay." I say as I get into his back. "Onward my mighty steed."
————————
Alec takes a right turn into the training room but suddenly stops when he sees a tall lady standing next to Izzy and clary. Awkwardly I get down off his back and stand next to him. I see the lady give me a look of disappointment. I almost faint at what Alec says next.

"Mother." He says without a smile. "Welcome back. Didn't expect you." She comes and gives him a kiss on the cheek.

"You should always be ready." She gives me another look before looking back at Alec. "Whether you expect it or not."

"I'm aurora goldstark." I smile at her even though she kinda terrifies me. She gives me the first real smile I've seen from her.

"Julian was your father?" She asks nicely. I nod. She's not as bad as I originally thought. Behind my back I feel Alec grab my hand and hold onto it.

"Yes ma'am." I smile.

"He was a good man." She nods and turns back to Alec and jace. "The seelies have stopped communicating with the clave and won't explain why. My guess is that they're still upset we asked them to send scouts to look for valentine but no one in their realm will talk."

"I have seelie friends." Iz says trying to help. Her mother gives her a disgusted look. Alec grabs my hand even tighter because he knows if he didn't I probably would have attack his mother.

"Yes I know about your friends." She say with venom in her voice. I go to step forward but Alec puts his arm around my waist. He hugs me to him and puts his head on my shoulder.

"Relax please." He whispers. " she's always like this."

About that time his mom looks over at us and for a split second she gets a shocked look. Soon it's covered up by an emotionless face.

"I can help." Iz says seriously. I've never seen her this serious before. "I know how to talk to seelies."

"She's right." Alec says lifting his head off my shoulder. "She can visit meliorn and see what he knows. I could go with her if you want."

"I'd rather jace goes along this time." She says patting jaces shoulder. "Alec you stay with aurora and the Fairchild girl. I want them under control. They've caused enough of it already."

"Well maybe that's because I wasn't even a shadowhunter until a few days ago." Clary tries to defend. Instead of speaking I just lean further into Alec.