Switzerland

"This is insane." Izzy states as we watch Meliorn on the security cameras. As Izzy speaks jace comes to watch over my shoulder. "We have to put a stop to this."

"Yeah well enjoy portaling back to idris with mom and dad." Alec says sitting on the counter near me. I look up at him for a split second and make eye contact. Our eyes lock but not for long. He can't bear to look at me.

"Meliorn is here because of me." Iz turns to her brother.

"Alec's right." Jace let's his thought be know from over Iz and my shoulders. Alec is right but I won't admit. "There's nothing we can do to stop this interrogation."

"You're on Alex's side now?" Izzy turns sharply to jace.

"We swore to protect eachother of course he's on my side." Alec says smugly as he gets closer to the screen. In the process he gets much closer to me. I take in short breathes and before I know it I sharply turn to jace and sit next to him on the table behind.

Jace welcomes me next to him with a side smile. "I'm not picking sides jace wayland is Switzerland. We have got to find valentine. Let's let this play out Izzy Meliorn might have some useful information."

"Forensics don't lie." The voice of the evil witch starts out. "Tell me what you know about the blood of the forsaken."

"Have you considered that the blood of the forsaken came from our dead scouts?" Meliorn answers with a question. Just like he usually does. "Scouts sent to help you hunt for Valentine. Why do you think we would side with a murder?"

"Seelies always play both sides." I roll my eyes at lydias comment and it goes unnoticed by everyone except Jace. He gives me a smirk in return.

"You should talk to your own people about playing sides." Through all of this Meliorn keeps his cool and still gives a good response.

"Excuse me?" God even the sound of lydias voice is annoying.

"You have no idea what I'm talking about do you?" Meliorn smirks, he has the upper hand in the conversation now. "If only shadow hunters had a better relationship with us.. downworlders. You'd know that valentines daughter has the cup."

"Still think we should let this play out?" Izzy asks the boys with sass.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

        Soon after Meliorn had broken the news to Lydia she had sent men to search clary and my rooms. I get searching clary's room but really mine too? Jace and I enter clary's room and I sigh watching these men look through everything.

"I'm pretty sure that's not the cup you're looking for." Jace says as he rips one of clary's Bras out of one of the men's hands.

"Cut me a break wayland I'm just trying to do my job." Jace turns to alec and walks up to him. I follow suit. "Alec call this off now."

"Guess clary's room is part of Switzerland now?" Alec remarks looking jace dead in the eyes. Lydia soon comes up to us with her annoying high pitched voice.

"We can't call it off we have to find the mortal cup." She stands even closer to alec than before.

"It's all clear." One of the men say from behind jace.

"Of course it is."

"It's not here." I walk behind Alec and Lydia and throw up mocking hands in jaces view it's not here. He hold back his laugh and I pretend to look around the now messy room. "Let's keep looking."

"What is going on with you?" Jace asks as soon as everyone else leaves.

Alec stands as still as ever. "Look, Jace, we have to turn the cup over."

Jace shakes his head and speaks a little quieter but you can still here the firmness. "Alec they've risked everything for it."

"And we've risked everything for them." Finally getting tired of Alec's new attitude I shoot back at him.

"Wow alec." He turns and looks at me. "You sleep in someone's bed a couple of times and suddenly your tired of them."

His jaw clenches as if he's holding words back. Just when I think he's finally going to talk to me he turn back to jace. "Either she gives the cup to Lydia or I'll do it myself."

"I'll bring her back." Jace says with a huge sigh. "But please let clary be the one to give the cup to the clave. We owe them that much."

"It's the right call. You'll see." Alec and my favorite grey sweater of his walk out the door quickly leave just me and Jace. With a sigh our eyes connect and it says everything. This is really it.

Or so I thought. Jace snaps a picture of his blocking rune. And sends it to who I presume is clary. I don't stay for the phone call but I give Jace a slight punch on the arm as I walk out along with a smile. Which he gladly returns.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Where are you taking him?" Izzy demands to know as they walk Meliorn through the center of the institute. Lydia leading the pack.

"To a holding cell." Her heels click loudly down the stairs. "And then the guards will transport him to the silent brothers."

"You can't do that." Izzy says like it's final.

"It's not our decision Izzy." Alec says walking beside Lydia. "The clave made the order."

"That could be a death sentence to a downworlder." Jace says from my left. The three of us quickly follow Alec and Lydia as they lead Meliorn away.

"Are you trying to start war with them?" I ask Lydia as I lean against the wall with the elevator buttons. The cold feeling from the wall seeps onto my skin through my thin long sleeve shirt.

"Meliorn told you everything he knows." Izzy remarks.

"You don't know that." Lydia says like a five year old. "Maybe we haven't asked the right questions. Seelies often skirt the truth. If he had information on other terrorist attacks it is our responsibility to get the information."

"Let me talk to him." Iz says taking a deep breathe.

"That wasn't exactly helpful in the past." Lydia says making me come off my spot leaned against the wall. I walk a step towards her but Jace pushes me slowly back to the wall and shakes his head no. I sigh but I decide to listen to his silent demand.

"He may not know anything." Jace looks at Alec now. "Alec this is going to far."

"We don't have a choice." Alec says with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Neither do we." Jace says.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Wow writers block hit me hard with this book. I think I'm overcoming it though. Also let me know how many of you want to see a stranger things book.

Lydia or Camille?