Find a different way

"Someone call for backup." I smile as I hear Iz behind me. I turn and give her a big smile and a hug.

"Finally someone who actually knows what they're doing." I laugh at Alec and jaces hurt expressions.

"Someone who actually knows what there doing." Jace mocks me causing me to hit him in the back of the head.

"We found the cup." Clary explains to Iz. Izzy's eyes get big as she looks at the four of us.

"The cup?" She asks. I nod my head at her .

"And then we lost it." I sigh. Stupid internal affairs. "We have to sneak inside the evidence vault on the second floor to get it back."

"This is a disaster" Alec sighs. I scoff at him, no longer trying to stop him from being negative.

"No demon pox is a disaster, this is an inconvenience." Jace speaks up. "We just need a plan. That's all." Jace pauses and looks at me. "What do you got?"

Is he seriously asking me what my plan is?

I pause for a moment before answering. "Us three," I motion towards the light woods and me. "Will get the key card then you two." I point at jace and Clary. "Sneak into the vault and grab the cup. Then we get out of here and get back to the safety of the institute."

Jace gives me a proud smile and nods.
————————————————————————
"I'm guessing you're the distraction." Alec asks Izzy as we walk into the police station. Izzy shakes her head.

"Nope, I decide to grow up remember?" Izzy says and looks at the lady at the desk. "Besides I don't think I'm her type."

Alec then looks at me. "I don't think I am either." I laugh at Alec. I feel Iz put her hand on my shoulder and I look over at her.

"Please aurora, you're everyone's type." Iz says with a smile. I smile back and high five her. Slowly we look back at Alec and he sighs. I sigh and reach over to his shirt. I start unbuttoning it and he tries to swat my hands away.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"What does It look like I'm doing?" I deadpan.

"I don't think now is the time for this aurora." He says with a smile but I don't smile back. I shove him towards the desk and he walks the rest of the way to it. Me and Iz watch him struggle to talk to her and finally he knocks over a water bottle. He slides the card off the desk when she's not Looking and Iz catches it in the air. She walks into the next room but I stay and wait for Alec.

"Nice work." I compliment. That was the nicest thing I've said to him since the marriage announcement. He looks at me for a moment before speaking.

"I'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing Alec." I shake my head. "If you were really sorry about this whole situation you wouldn't go through with it."

"You don't understand Rory. I have to." Alec tries to explain. "The family name needs to be fixed."

"Then find a different way to fix it." I state. I hate having this conversation with him. I can't tell him that I like him because that's unfair to him but I can try and make him understand that what he's doing is not good for him.

"It's not that simple Rory." He snaps ending the conversation.
————————————————————————
I'm so sorry it took this long and I'm sorry it's so short. These couple of weeks have been hard but I wish you all well and I hope you've been doing better that me.

Auroras side in the argument or Alec's?