A stele?

"So you're telling me that Kylo ren is better than darth Vader" Simon questions while pointing his finger at me. I groan that is so not what I said.

"That's not what I said Simon, all I'm saying is kylo ren has a better plot and he's hot" I try to explain to him. Simon and I are killing time, waiting for clary to get back from her audition at the Brooklyn academy for the arts. I look down at the table as I see moving on it. It's a fly. I bring my right hand up and bring it back down quickly. Before I could kill the fly Simon speaks again.

"Give me the professors name and I will end them" I look up quickly at Simon's words. I jab him in the stomach. How could he be so mean that's my job. "You know with a scathing email to the dean" he tries to correct. I laugh at his foolishness. I look up at clary to see her set the letter down on the table.

"Don't bother" she says climbing up into the chair in front of me and Simon. I quickly jump across the table to grab the letter before Simon. When I see him give me a pouty face i stick my tongue out at him. In bold across the letter is written, congratulations.

"Sad face?" I complain looking up from the acceptance letter. "Really clary!"

Her face breaks out into a grin. "Im really happy for you, sis" I say coming around the table to give her a hug.

Clary and I aren't actually sisters. I have lived with Jocelyn and clary since I was five because my mom died in a car crash. Even though clary and I aren't blood we're still family and I wouldn't trade her for anything.

"Thanks" she responds while hugging me back. She let's go and then turns to Simon as I go to sit back down. "You know it's weird they liked the assigned work but they flipped out for the drawing of our graphic novel"

"Your welcome" Simon jokes earning a laugh from clary and I.

"This day will go down in history as my greatest 18th birthday ever" clary brags with the biggest smile.

"I hate to break it to you clary but it's your only 18th birthday" I joke. I love messing with Simon and clary. One time I put a fake snake in the toilet, now Simon has to check for snakes every time he goes to the bathroom.

"Not if you're a time traveler" Simon tries to argue. I shake my head at him.

"Even then you still wouldn't stay the same age" I challenge him. He nods his head to my statement with a look of contemplation on his face.

"Touché" he mumbles out distraught that I beat him at his own game. "We're celebrating tonight at me and Maureen's show."

Clary perks up at the sound of Maureen's name. "What's the deal with you and Maureen anyway?" She asks. Ohhh, good question. Personally I think she likes him.

"What there is no deal we sing together" he responds quickly. I start to hit my head on the table. How does he not know she likes him but then again looking at the way Simon looks at clary, I feel like I know how he doesn't notice Maureen.

"Come on how can someone as smart and perceptive as you not know that the person sitting right there likes you" she says sitting down her biscotti. I laugh out loud and Simon steps on my foot to get me to shut up. All the while he keeps a smile on his face.

"I guarantee you i am not the only smart and perceived person to make that mistake" he says. I had to fight back a groan. I love clary but sometimes she's really oblivious. Simon clearly likes her.

Clary looks down at the table, confused. I laugh pointing to her latte.

"That's a latte, clary" I joke. She shakes her head at me. She still looks confused which if we're being honest Is confusing me.