Settling down

"I'm here! The party has arrived." I smile at Alec and sneer at Lydia as I meet them a little out side the jade wolf. I walk up to Alec and we do our handshake we made up a couple hours ago. High five, fist bump, punch on the shoulder, and I fake stab Alec.

"This is not the time for games mrs. Darwin." Lydia says blankly. I stare at her for a couple minutes and then reply.

"Lydia It's not the time to try and belittle me by not calling me by the right last name." I say and then turn to Alec. "Are we gonna do this or what?"

He nods and I turn and walk off just a little ahead of Lydia and Alec. I roll my eyes when she begins to speak.

"I can see why all the girls are clambering to meet you," my interest is peeked. " rumor has it your looking to settle down."

"Aww is Alec gonna find a girl, marry her, then have three kids, and live in idris and you can't forget about having a golden retriever." I crack a joke out to Alec to lighten his mood. Slightly I see him unclench his jaw.

"Shut up princess," he fires back. " if anyone's gonna have three kids and a golden retriever it's you."

"That is so not true." I smile. Lydia coughs in a way to tell us to shut up and i give her a dirty look.
——————
"It's got some characteristics of a forsaken. It was human." Lydia says hovering over the corpse. "It was runed."

"I don't know." Luke says looking at me instead of Lydia. "It was more focused, more determined. It attacked like it had a plan." He stands up and wipes his hand on a towel. "Plus a normal forsaken wouldn't have been hard to kill. It took five wolves to take this one down."

"Well take the body back to the institute. Do a full autopsy." Lydia stands up.

"Woah hang on..." Luke starts. "I get that I called you, actually I called Alec." My eyes go from like back to Alec. " but what I didn't want was for someone to come down here and just take over."

"I get that luke." I say to him. "I'll make sure to keep you in the loop."

I roll my eyes for what feels like the millionth time today when Lydia speaks up. " no mrs. Darwin. You will not be keeping these dogs in the loop. You are not even at liberty to make that choice."

"For the last time Lydia my name is goldstark." I sigh pinching the bridge of my nose. "And second, I just made that decision. The wolves are at just as much risk as we are. Valentine decided to bring them into this so now we are going to keep them in the loop because right now we have a common enemy."

She sighs and walks away from me, Alec, and Luke.

"What'd you think he's after?" Alec asks Luke clearly referring to valentine.

"Honestly, me." Luke says calmly. "Or atleast the old crew, I'm sure he holds a grudge on anyone who turned on him."

I nod at Luke. "Well Lydia when we get back make sure they put extra wards on the institute."

"Right." Alec agrees. "For hodge." We make eye contact and I smile.

"And your parents." Lydia adds on. She swings her blonde hair behind her shoulder as she speaks. Alec turns around slowly. "Did they conceal that from you?" Lydia turns around and looks at luke, he turns away from her gaze.
————————————————————————
"IZZY!" I yell walking into Izzy's room and throwing myself into the bed beside her.

"Yes princess." She laughs. I sigh and giggle.

"First off don't call me that again." I laugh. "Second off I cannot stand that bitch Lydia."

"I don't think she's that bad." She says thinking about the times she's talked to Lydia.

" you weren't there earlier when she first got here." Iz Shakes her head no and I continue. " she tried to belittle me by calling me Darwin then called me a 'little girl' also your mom totally came for my rescue. Your mom really is a queen." I laugh.

"Yeah she is." She says getting quieter.

"It's real tough is." I say breaking the recent silence. She looks up at me confused. " I miss Simon and I've kept this since it happened but i have my memories from when I was little, Magnus didn't give them to the memory demon."

She turns her head slightly. "What do you remember?"

"Everything. My mom, my dad, Zara. Living in a world with shadow hunters. I was nine Iz I lived in the shadow world for nine years." I feel a tear roll down my face and I wipe it away. No more crying I've done that enough.

"Hey listen." Iz puts her hand on my shoulder. "Your not going through this alone. I'm here for you as your future parabatai. Jace Is here for you. Alec is for sure here for you, just know that."

I lean forward and hug her. " I can't thank you enough Iz."

"You don't have to."