{19}

Feel free to correct any mistakes you find!

3rd POV:

Meredith and Lucifer have been walking for a few hours now. No words were exchanged although Lucifer has been opening his mouth ready to say something but closes it because he's afraid of making Meredith mad.

They still have a long way there so Lucifer decided to speak first,

"I'm sorry." This startled Meredith as she stopped walking and looked at him with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry for not living up to my promise of not making you mad at me, I'm sorry for disrespecting your friends, and I'm sorry for every second I've made you disappointed in me. I promise to do better just please- just say you accept my apology and I'll do my absolute best to raise your expectations in me."

Meredith stood there shocked at his words but her heart started to beat slightly faster. She was unknowingly waiting for this to happen. She and her demon both knew they would eventually give up on their hatred towards their mate and fully accept him.

"I-." Meredith spoke confidently ready to reject him and play hard to get but her demon beat her to it.

I know you want to be in control of this situation and you would be after you accept his apology. You don't have to be stubborn all the time, absolutely no one would judge you for being with your mate, she heard her demon soothingly say.

She thought about it before molding her head in confirmation that she would let her guards down just a bit.

"Okay." Was the only word she could say.

"Okay...okay as in okay?" He asked slightly surprised.

"Yes. Okay." She replied as she felt heat slowly crawling up to her neck.

"O-okay," Lucifer said with a large smile. He wanted to hug her now but he didn't want his balls to be cut off so he asked for permission first.

"Can- can I- umm- can we..." he tried to say but couldn't. He didn't know how to ask for something. He felt like he was a teenage human that he watched when he's bored.

His eyes almost fell out of their socket when he felt warmth enveloped him and arms wrapped around his neck. He wasted no time wrapping his arms around her waist and taking in her Helly scent (A/N: heavenly...Helly... you see what I did there?:)).

But the hug ended short because Meredith quickly stood back straight and straighten herself.

"We should keep going." She said as an excuse not believing she just hugged her mate.

"Yeah," Lucifer said as he sneakily held her hand in his and started to walk. She tried taking it away but he just held it tighter and pretended to look around not meeting her eyes.

A small smile tugged on her lips but she quickly bit it away and relaxed her hand in his. This is how it should've and should always be. Mates belong in each other's arms no matter what hardships they go through and what's to come.

"Do you think Azealah is missing me?" Meredith asked remembering her friend's face when she had to leave. Azealah had tears in her eyes as she tried to not shed them while waving her friend bye and calling out for her to stay safe.

"I think she is but Azron will distract her. Horny bitch." He whispered the last part not intending for Meredith to hear him but she did and let out a loud laugh.

Lucifer is definitely thankful she heard him. He got to hear his laugh so he kept in mind what made her laugh and tried coming up with new ways to see her bright smile and that beautiful laugh of hers.

"Agree." She replied, her smile not fading.

—————————-
In Hell's Royal castle:
3rd POV:

"Azron not here! Put it there... please." She added as she saw his eyes slightly darkening.

"Why do we have to do this?!" He asked completely exhausted from his mate's constant demands.

"Because Meredith and Lucifer might make up on their way so we need to celebrate it!" She said happily.

"And if they don't?" He asked trying to get her to understand that her friend might still not want Lucifer.

"Don't say that! It's bad luck to bring up bad situations! They will, I can feel it." She scolded Azron first then she twirled around excitedly.

"We have to get dessert ready!" She squealed out ready to bake and eat.

Azron can almost swear that his girl's stomach is like a black hole when it comes to eating sweet things, she just keeps eating and eating and gains no weight at all. (A/N: that's me and I hate it. I'm almost underweight too. Any suggestions for gaining weight?)

"I can think of one dessert we can make right now." He smirked and walked closer to his Angel. He was definitely not letting her boss him around and not gain anything from her precious self.

"Really? What is it?" She asked innocently and curiously.

"I can't tell you but I can show you." He whispered before throwing her on his shoulder and giving her as* a smack. She gasped and knew what was cumming and she had absolutely no complaints what so ever.

————————
Back to Meredith and Lucifer:

"We should stay here. We don't know what kind of things come out at night." Suggested Meredith as she looked at the cave.

"Okay," Lucifer said before dragging her with him into the cave which he knew was safe because he felt no life here.

"Hungry?" Meredith asked.

Lucifer knew he could live a whole year without eating or drinking anything and not lose a single strength but the idea of eating and being close to his mate made him nod his head giddily.

They sat in front of each other and ate the food Azealah packed for them in silence. It was a silence that would never be forgotten. Not by Lucifer or Meredith because of how special it is. This is their first meal with each other. And the first silence that wasn't a deathly one and where Meredith is ready to murder Lucifer.

"Azealah." Meredith tried contacting but she immediately felt Azealah shut her out. She frowned her eyebrows in confusion before shrugging it off knowing she probably had Azron all over her and didn't want to embarrass herself.

If she and Lucifer were to ever reach the stage where they act like Azealah and Azron she would definitely not be like other demons that comfortably show affection towards their mates no matter who's there.

She wanted a relationship like Azron and Azealah's. They show affection yet it had limits and they both respected each other. Even though Azron worships the ground Azealah walks on, the Angel doesn't take advantage of this. And even though Azron had the power to manipulate Azealah's mind, he doesn't do that and never takes advantage of her pure and innocent mind.

Heck, Azealah stood up for Azron when Lucifer was trying to make him mad and put Lucifer in his place and everyone was sure that she would do it again without any regrets because she had her own powers.

Yes, she didn't have to use them because of Azron's constant protection on her but it's still helpful.

Meredith smiled slightly before scolding herself. They just hugged and now she's thinking about showing him more affection. Well, she will do that but only when he earns it.

"You sleep there and I'll sleep here." Demanded Meredith and Lucifer quickly said yes not wanting his mate's seriousness to last long.

"Goodnight," Lucifer whispered in the darkness.

"Goodnight." His mate replied which caused him to sleep with a light heart and a small smile.

——————
Please Vote, Comment, and Share!

Questions of the chapter:

1-Did you miss my updates? Sorry I got really sick and was too weak to write anything.

2-Who is your favorite character out of the whole book?

3-Should Lucifer and Meredith get a pet?