chapter 17

Three days later Sokka had finally been discharged, and Zuko had finally woken up, although he was still no where near in good enough condition to leave yet. Since waking up he hadn't said a word to anyone, he only wanted to see Sokka, his heart was practically aching for him.

As soon as Sokka had discovered Zuko was awake he practically sprinted towards Zukos room, well sprinting was hard when you had crutches, so hobbled as quickly as he could to Zukos room. "Sokka slow down! You could risk ripping your stitches for god sake!" Yelled Katara as she made an effort to chase after him.

Tears were flooding down his already tear stained checks, thick bags under his eyes, and hair falling out of his unbrushed pony tail, as he ran through the hallway, completely ignoring comments of people telling him to slow down.

Finally Sokka bursted into Zukos room, the tears were uncontrollable now, he knew he looked like shit, but he didn't care, he was with Zuko now and they were both safe.

"Zuko!" He exclaimed, as he hurried over to his boyfriends bed.

Zukos bottom lip trembled as he stared at Sokka in disbelief, tears starting to threaten in his eyes. He slowly lifted his hand to Sokkas check, softly rubbing his thump over it. "Sokka." He croaked quietly, as tears softly began to roll down his checks.

"Zuko." Sokka whispered as he leaned into his boyfriends hand. "I don't think I got to finish my sentence before."

Zuko stared at him in confusion and raised his eyebrow. "Hm?" He questioned quietly.

"I didn't get to tell you how much I love you." Sokka whispered affectionately, taking Zukos hand in his own, softly squeezing it. "I love you Zuko."

Zukos lip began trembling again, more tears streaming down his face. "S-Sokka..." he croaked again quietly. "I love you too."

Slowly he began to sit up, only to be gently be pushed back down by Sokka. "Rest." He said, causing Zuko to whine in protest, only to be cut off by Sokka gently kissing him on the lips.

It was soft and gentle, but it was probably one of the best kisses either of them have had in their entire lives. Neither of them wanted to pull away, but reluctantly ended up doing so for air. "You just kissed me to shut me up... asshole." Muttered Zuko, pretending to look annoyed.

"Yeah... but you loved it." Smirked Sokka as he wiggled his eyebrows.

"You're going to have to give me another one to make up for it-" Zuko began, but was quickly interrupted, by Sokka crashing his lips onto Zukos.

This time Zuko pulled away, pretending to look outraged. "You did it again!"

"Yeah well, you talk too much." Sokka smirked back.

Just as Zuko was about to say some snarky comment back. There was a soft knock on the door. "Jeez... everyone is cutting me off today." He muttered.

"Come in!" Called Sokka happily.

The door opened to reveal a man with grey hair pulled into a man bun along with an impressive beard. "Uncle!" Called Zuko weakly from behind Sokka.

"Ah! Young Zuko, you had me worried sick! Thank goodness you're okay." He beamed as he hurried over to Zukos bedside. "Ahh... and you must be Sokka, thank you so much for making young Zuko so happy." He chuckled softly.

Zuko scolded him briefly, before his face turned back into a small smile. "It's so good to see you uncle."

Another figure appeared in the door way. "And what about me?" Azula smirked as she made her way to the opposite side of the bed.