chapter 9

Zuko slowly opened his eyes as rays of sunlight began seeping through the blinds directedly onto his face. In front of him lay Sokka, snuggled into is embrace. The boys caramel skin was glowing softly in the suns gentle light, he looked so peaceful, his eyes softly closed and the corners of his mouth slightly  pointing upwards as he dreamt.

Normally Zuko would be up as soon as the sun began to rise over the hill, completely dressed and prepared for the school day before Sokka had even woken up. But looking at Sokka slightly smiling in his sleep as Zuko was cuddled up to him was to irresistible. Instead he nuzzled his face into Sokka's soft strands of hair, wanting this moment to last forever.

Zuko knew he was falling for Sokka. Hard.

After another few hours of cuddling Sokka finally began to stir. "Good morning." He said groggily as he turned his head to face Zuko's.

"Your morning voice is hot." Blushed Zuko.

Sokka gave him a small smirk. "Too bad I never get to hear yours." He pouted playfully.

"Yuck! Never mind your breath stinks!" Gagged Zuko, squishing Sokka's face away from him, causing him to roll over the bed, landing with a heavy thud on the floor beneath him.

"Nnngh..."

"Sorry." Giggled Zuko, looking over the bed and at the boy sprawled out on the floor.

The boy on the floor narrowed his eyes as he glared at Zuko smirking above him. "You jerk!" He hissed, making sure to breathe all over his face.

Zuko quickly retreated from the edge of the bed, gagging as he did so. Sokka slowly stood up, smiling at Zuko rolling around on the bed. "Holy shit-" Zuko gasped, suddenly coming to a still.

"The report!" Sokka finished as he bolted over to the laptop, followed by Zuko. "No!" Shouted Sokka as Zuko sat down next to him.

"What?" He asked, grabbing the scattered paper and putting it into a neat pile.

"You can't sit next to me! I'll get distracted by your sexiness!" Exclaimed Sokka, widely throwing his hands in the air. "Look! I'm already distracted!"

Zuko place a hand under his chin, raising his only brow as he gave Sokka a shit eating grin. "I'm sexy huh?" He purred, leaning forwards.

The other boy blushed furiously, his gaze trapped on Zuko. "Get over there!" He yelled pushing Zuko out of the chair. "We need to finish this!"

He smirked, pushing himself out of the chair, making sure to cat walk away from Sokka, as he pretended to flip his hair as he sat on his bed. "Sexy~" He whispered across the room.

Sokka pretend not to hear as he furiously began typing his conclusion and reference list. Zuko did the same although he was no where near as smart as Sokka and that his copy would probably be discarded, but he had given up on trying to get good grades a while ago, apart from in drama. He didn't really want to go back to his father anymore, especially now that he was the criminal robbing and destroying all his fathers work.

"Hey nerd! You done?" Zuko teased, as he walked over to Sokka, leaning over his shoulder. "We gotta go soon."

"Aaaannnnnnddd... done!" Smiled Sokka as he held his laptop in the air victoriously. "Now let's compare them, I wanna read yours!"

Zuko looked at Sokka's copy, which had amazing in depth explanations and tons of technical language. "Let's face it... this is the better one." He smiled.

Sokka nodded and shut his laptop. Both boys quickly changed into their hoodies and grabbed a bite to eat, before Sokka grabbed Zuko's hand, dragging him out the door. "I'm just gonna have a chat to my drama teacher really quickly... I'll see you in a bit!" Said Zuko was they made it to their lockers.