chapter 15

Azula and Zuko helped drag Sokka's bleeding body away from the warehouses. Sokka was now drifting in and out of consciousness, he had lost a lot of blood and still losing more but not as much, thanks to Azula's compression on his wounds.

"We're almost there Sokka, you're being so brave." Zuko had now forgotten about his own injuries, his only drive was to get Sokka to the closest hospital and make sure he was going to be okay. He had to be.

Gently Zuko lay Sokka's body along the back seats of Ozai's car, and delicately placing Sokka's legs over his own so he could stay with him for as long as possible and to comfort him along the way.

Azula was no where near old enough to drive yet, but she was amazing at it anyway. Azula is amazing at anything she does.

Zuko desperately wanted to ask his sister what had happened, why she was bruised and cut, why she looked like such a wreck and why she had helped them. He knew that it wasn't the right time. Azula seemed completely out of it and Zuko was surprised to how well she was driving and by bombarding her with questions certainly wouldn't be the best idea in their current situation.

"Zuzu?" Azula finally asked, breaking the long silence.

Zuko hummed in response, refusing to take his eyes of Sokka.

"How is that boy doing so far? We are almost at the hospital." She glanced into the mirror to quickly glance at the two boys, before returning her vision to the road.

Zuko now had Sokka's warm blood all over his pants and hands, from what he could see Sokka was breathing fairly shallowly and his face was tightly scrunched up from the pain in his arm and leg. "He'll be ok." Zuko muttered. "He has to." He whispered so only he could hear.

Azula nodded as they finally made it to the hospital. Azula quickly pulled into an ambulance's parking zone and rushed around to help carry Sokka out.

They ran into the hospital, their once calm faces now filled with fear as they both desperately screamed for help. "Please! Someone please help!" Zuko screamed as they stood around the emergency waiting room. Other people watched in sadness and horror as the teens screamed for help.

Nurses and doctors finally came to their aid, carefully taking Sokka away from Zuko before seeing the wound on Zuko's stomach and taking him away too. Leaving Azula all alone, standing hopelessly in the waiting room, not knowing if either one of the boys would make it.

[Flashback]

"Azula." Hissed Ozai as he stood above his daughter, looking down at his daughter with a sly smirk on his face.

"Yes father?"

"Your disgrace of a brother will be arriving today, to discuss returning home and I need you to be ready." Ozai began as turned and walked toward his desk. "Rise now child."

"Of course father."

Ozai slowly sat down as he tightened the top not in his hair. "You see... your brother will only be able to become a part of this family again if he drops that pathetic phase of his."

Azula felt her stomach suddenly drop. Once Zuko came out her father had abused and disowned him. At the time she enjoyed it, she thought what her father did was correct and that Zuko was disgusting and shameful. That was until she suddenly found her own interest in women. Until she discovered that what was going on in her brother was no phase.

"If Zuko does not agree with this condition... he will be disposed of." Ozai smirks as he loads his gun which was sitting on his desk, then opens his draw to show multiple grenades. "We cannot have such an awful reputation on this family name."

Azula sits stiffly in her chair and lets out a mix of a laugh and cough out of pure disbelief. "Y-you... are going to kill... Zuko?" She asked as she digs her long nails into her thighs. Her father was no man to joke.

"Only if he disagrees with my offer." He replies as if it is no big deal.

"You-your own son... because... he is... gay?"

Ozai suddenly looks up from his desk eyeing Azula coldly. "Do not say that word girl." He warns. "You should be happy. Whatever the outcome is, I say it'll be a success."

Without realising it, Azulas eyes begin to water. It had been the first time in years that she had actually, finally been able to cry. Ever since one of her only friends, the girl she thought she actually loved, had chosen Mai over her, Azula had felt so numb and empty.

All she wanted was to be loved and accepted by someone and she thought her father did love her. Of course she was wrong, if Ozai knew his daughter was also gay he would treat her the same way he treated his own son.

Honestly, after everything Azula had done she wondered if Zuko would ever forgive her. But it was worth the chance. Maybe she could finally fix her shitty life, maybe she'll finally be loved and cared for by someone.

Without thinking Azula launched forward, slapping her father across the face. "No! I will not stand by and let you murder my own brother!" She screamed, the tears finally falling down her cheeks. "Because guess what father? I'm just like him!"

Temporally it felt good to cry, to finally get the weight off her shoulders and to finally get to breath, until Azula was knocked backwards by a hard punch across the left side of her face. Without being given time to react she was kicked again in the side before being punched and slapped again across her face. "You're lucky I'm letting you live! I never want to see your disgraceful face anywhere near me again! Get out! Get out now!" Ozai yelled, pulling Azula to her feet by her hair as her pushed her firmly towards the door.

Azula quickly sprinted away, her face was now bloody and bruised. Her whole body was in agony, but she could leave yet. She had to make sure her stupid older brother was going to be ok.

____________

Sorry for disappearing and sorry for this trash chapter 😜
I'll try my best to upload weekly but I'm kinda busy at the moment but ty for all the love.

Azula rights 👊😡❤️