chapter 16

"Where the hell is my brother?!" Screamed Katara at the lady behind the counter. She had just received the news of her brother literally being shot and had to make it to the hospital alone, having no idea what condition her brother was in.

"Sweetie I'm going to need you to lower your voice, what's your brothers name?" Questioned the woman calmly.

"Sokka, he... he was shot... today." Katara sighed, anxiously twisting her hair around her finger. "Do... do you know if he's ok?"

After finding her own mother's dead body when she was only eight, she had sworn to herself that she would never lose the little family she had left.

"Ahh yes." The lady sighed, as she focused her gaze onto the computer. "Your brother lost a lot of blood, but luckily the bullets passed through." She paused as she read more from the screen. "He is in a stable condition and should be ready to be discharged in one to two days." She returned her gaze to Katara with a soft smile. "I'm not exactly aloud to tell you this information myself, I'm supposed to leave it to the doctors, but Sokka told me you were the only family nearby."

Katara let out a deep breath, tears of relief rolling down her checks. "Thank you very much ma'am, would I be able to see him now?"

"Of course sweetheart, third floor, room 107." The lady pointed Katara off toward the elevator.

"Thanks again." Katara waved as she quickly hurried toward the elevator.

She arrived shortly at the room, almost bursting down the door in the process. "Sokka! You idiot! You stupid idiot! I thought I lost you! You scared me! Don't ever do anything like that again!" She yelled at her brother, who was laying stiffly in his bed.

A tear softly rolled down his check, as he extended his good arm for his sister. Katara quickly dived into the hug, causing Sokka to softly wince. "Katara... I- I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry if I scared you." He whispered into her hair.

Katara lifted her face from her brothers chest, leaving behind a wet patch of tears. "I'm so glad you're ok." She smiled, wiping away the tears as she ruffled her older brothers hair. "You're such an idiot."

"Katara?" Muttered Sokka quietly. "Do you know how Zuko is?"

Kataras relief quickly returned to anger before changing into a sadness. "No." She mumbled.

"He has to be." Sokka whispered, staring blankly out of the window in the room. "You know... if it wasn't for him and Azula... I'd probably be dead."

Katara sighed loudly, gently rolling her eyes. "If it wasn't for him, you wouldn't have even been shot in the first place." She groaned as she moved her chair closer to Sokka. "And who is Azula?"

"His sister." Sokka replied blankly, ignoring her first statement.

Katara hummed in response.

"Katara... he said he's in love with me." Sokka suddenly blurted out after a moment of silence. "And I'm in love with him too."

That was news to Katara. She remained silent, she wanted to hate and be angry at Zuko, but seeing her brother head over heals for the guy made it hard. "I'm glad... you two... you'll make a great couple." She looked down at her shoes as her feet wiggled back and forth over the smooth surface of the floor.

Her brother quickly snapped his head around to face his sister. "Really?! Wow... thanks Katara." He beamed.

"Just... make sure there's no big secrets between you two! Oh and you better not think you're getting rid of me quite yet!" Katara said sternly as she waved her finger dangerously close to her brothers eyes.

"Of course." Sokka nodded.

Katara planted a kiss onto her brothers forehead. "I'm gonna see if your boyfriend is doing alright, then I'll report back to you captain." She waved as she walked out the door.

"I think he's supposed to be in room 189!" Yelled Sokka after her.

Katara continued to power walk her way to the room Zuko was supposed to be in, he had to be ok, for her brothers sake.

She paused, carefully peeking through the blinds. Zuko seemed to be unconscious at the moment as a doctor and nurse helped soothe the wound on his stomach and from where Katara was standing, looked pretty serious.

"He's such a little drama queen." Came a cold voice from behind Katara. "He acted like this when his face was burned. He can be so pathetic sometimes."

Katara span around to see a girl around her age sitting on a waiting chair as if it was a throne, only instead of looking like some regal princess she looked like a homeless person. "Azula, Zukos sister." She stated as she pushed herself up from the chair.

"I'm Katara, Sokkas sister." Katara stated, holding out her hand for a hand shake, only for Azula to walk past her to look into the room. Katara huffed angrily and turned back around to watch the doctors and nurse do their work. "So... do you know if he's going to be ok?"

"The blast gave him a pretty server burn, maybe second or even a third-degree burn to his stomach, but he'll be fine, the burn on his face was worse." Azula stated, keeping her eyes focused on her brother. "He's unconscious at the moment, he was running on pure adrenaline and once that was gone, the pain kicked in, making cry him like a little baby."

Katara nodded. "That's good, I guess... a third-degree burn is pretty serious though." She noted.

"Eh. Like I said the one on his face is worse, made him partially lose his hearing and vision on that side." Azula brushed off. "Anyway, I've got to dash to the airport, uncle fatso is arriving to come check on Zuko... hopefully give him a good scolding too... I don't know what he was thinking, moving so close and destroying Ozais shit." Azula waved as she walked away down the corridor.

"Wait! I'm staying here for the night, do you want me to give you a text if he wakes up?" Called Katara, pointing to her phone.

"That'll probably be a good idea." Azula said as she typed her number into Kataras phone, before walking away once more.

Katara sighed tiredly as she walked back to her brothers room to tell him how his precious boyfriend was.

It probably wasnt the best idea to tell Sokka that Zuko had a server burn and was unconscious before he went to sleep, but she did anyway.

"Goodnight Katara." Mumbled Sokka as he attempted to fall asleep.

"Night Sokka." She said as attempted to get into a comfortable sleeping position on the chair. "Don't worry too much about Zuko, he'll be fine."

"I know, I know, I love you."

_____________

🧍‍♀️It's been awhile🧍‍♀️

Sorry I disappeared for a while again. I lost my motivation and had a bit of writers block for this chapter. Also I have no idea how hospitals exactly work either so sorry if this annoys you 😛

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and if you don't celebrate I hope you're having a good holiday 😌❤️