chapter 3

-5 weeks later-

"Ok class I'm going to need you to chose a partner for this semesters project." Declared Mr Roku. (Sokka and Zuko's history teacher) "Once you have settled down I'll tell you what your task will be." The old man sat behind his desk stroking his beard as he scrolled through is laptop.

Sokka sat across from Zuko, and began to wiggle his brows at the other boy. Zuko quickly turned his head away blushing softly, his feelings for Sokka hadn't changed. At all. If not they may have even gotten stronger.

Zuko gave Sokka a quick thumbs up before turning his head to the front of the class. "Ok students, you and your partner must do research about a past criminal and right a paper about it. It'll be due in three weeks." Announced Mr Roku. That's... oddly convenient.

Sokka almost fell off his chair due to his excitement. Zuko knew what he was thinking about. The Blue Spirit. Even though, technically he wasn't a 'past criminal,' Zuko knew Sokka would easily be able to convince Mr Roku somehow.

Sure enough, as soon as the bell rung Sokka was right in front of Mr Roku, with some massive speech he had prepared in 20 minutes and sure enough Mr Roku let him use The Blue Spirit for their project.

Zuko sighed, hoping the old man would say no. Sokka had been constantly bribing and begging Zuko to sneak out and try to catch a glimpse of The Blue Spirit, and there had been plenty of close calls of Zuko sneaking back when Sokka was still awake. Now Sokka had the perfect excuse.

Zuko was in deep shit.

"You hear that bud! We're doing to The Blue Spirit!" Yelled Sokka happily as he skipped through the halls.

Zuko followed slowly behind him. "Yay!" He said sarcastically. "Should be easy then." This is not going to be easy.

"Ok so, I already have a bunch of info, so if we begin to write that up, report style, then we'll have something to begin with! But I want to try and get some more info... like what spots they are stealing from! Maybe we will be able to find out why too! Get some more pictures... Oh and we could make a suspects list or something too! Yes that could work!" Sokka began, his arms flying everywhere. "You can't get out of this now Zuko! You're coming with me!"

Not tonight of all nights. He knew that there was recently a massive import of weapons for his fathers company, he desperately needed to check it out, possibly even steal a few as swords weren't exactly a modern or a practical weapon anymore.

"Really... tonight?" Zuko sighed. "I have volleyball practice this afternoon." He said as he placed his books into his locker. "Ughh! And then I have some fencing competition tomorrow and if I'm not on top form Mr Piandao is gonna come for me!"

He felt a pang of guilt as Sokka sighed disappointedly next to him. "Well... maybe I could go alone and you could try writing some stuff up then?" He said, his electric blue eyes widening to beg Zuko into allowing him.

Zuko blushed furiously. "Uhh... yEp! Sounds great! I know how important this is to you! Maybe I can come with you another day." He mumbled, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Don't worry about it man." Sokka said placing a hand on the others shoulder "You better get moving though, if you're gonna make it to practice on time! I'll see you tonight!" Sokka waved as he walked away down the hallway.

___

Sokka sat at his desk finishing up a letter for Zuko once he got back:

Hey Zuko,

Gone out, you know where. Try to cover for me, I'll be back around 11:00. I also left most of the Blue Spirit stuff out on my desk so feel free to get started on the writing I guess.