chapter 2

Sokka groaned as his alarm began screaming in his ear. He rolled over to turn it off and crashed to the floor. Still wrapped in his blanket he stumbled into the kitchen. He was starving.

"Oh hey Zuko!" He mumbled looking over the other boys shoulder. "Um... what the fuck is that?" He said pointing to something burnt and shriveled up on the pan.

Zuko sighed and turned around, his good eye had a massive black bag under it and his check was scratched? "I tried to make pancakes... didn't work..." he said throwing away the 'pancake.'

Sokka chuckled and looked inside the fridge for something else to eat. "Didn't sleep well last night?"

"Uhh... no not at all actually..." Zuko said as he poured himself a bowl of cereal.

"Yeah no offence but you look like shit." Sokka laughed grabbing a handful of bacon. He could feel the other boy glaring through the back of his head but ignored it. "Anyways... what do you have first today?"

Zuko placed his bowl of cereal at the table as he watched Sokka begin to cook a bunch of bacon. "Umm... I'm pretty sure I have PE... with Ms Kyoshi?"

The bacon sizzled loudly, the oil it was bathed in and spat on Sokka, causing him to growl in pain. "Ughhh same! Kyoshi is hardcore man, be prepared to get slaughtered! Last year she made her class do some insane workout or something and most of the kids ended up going to hospital!"

Zuko took a spoonful of his cereal. "Whoopie! That's just what I need." He sighed sarcastically.

"Ahh you bastard!" Sokka yelled as more oil spat onto him.

Zuko quietly snickered. "Maybe if you didn't lather it in that much oil you wouldn't be having this problem.

Sokka span his head around. "Shut your face Mr I tried to make pan cakes! I'll have you know I'm an eggcellent cook." He said as he grabbed two eggs.

The other boy groaned as he placed his bowl finished bowl of cereal in the sink. "That was terrible never ever say anything like that again." Growled Zuko.

Sokka only laughed. "Relax, relax I was only..."

"Don't."

"I was only..."

"Don't say it Sokka!"

"I was only yolking!" Sokka wheezed as he rolled onto the floor, laughing hysterically.

Zuko threw his spoon at the other boy and chuckled quietly. "You're so annoying!"

"Eggcuse me!" Said Sokka as he began to get off the floor, but received a kick in the shins from the other boy causing him to fall to the floor again laughing. "Soo worth it."

______

After an hour of more egg puns both boys had finally left their dorm. The walk was short but both boys were reluctant to get to PE, so they walked as slow as possible.

Eventually after putting away all their stuff they would need for the day in their lockers, Zuko and Sokka made their way to the hall. They were 15 minutes early but they could already hear Ms Kyoshi screaming at a bunch of their fellow classmates.

"Names?" Growled a gigantically tall woman, completely ripped with flawless red lipstick and eyeshadow.

"Uhh I'm... I'm... uh Sokka." Mumbled Sokka trying his best to keep eye contact with the tall woman.

The teacher raised her brow as she completely judged Sokka. "You better speak clearer boy. And you?"

Zuko was used to talking to adults who were insanely intimidating or seemed important, thanks to his good old father. He looked Ms Kyoshi dead in the eye. "Zuko." He said speaking as clearly as possible.