chapter 4

The rest of the week went past quickly, Sokka was talking nonstop about The Blue Spirit, which Zuko found amusing.

"Sokka I need to pee, I'll be right back." Whispered Zuko as he got up from his seat.

Sokka gave him a thumbs up and continued taking his impressive notes on the poem they were learning about in English.

As Zuko washed his hands he notice Jet strolling up behind him. "What do you want asshole." Hissed Zuko not bothering to turn around.

Jet wrapped his arms around Zuko smirking into his ear. "I missed this Zuko." He whispered digging his chin into the other boys collar bone causing Zuko to wince. "You and me... we were good together yknow."

Zuko watched in horror as Jet began to lick and bite his neck roughly, he was too stunned to move, only filled with disgust and shame. "And then you left me... for your sick father... you're an idiot Zuko! I still can't believe you're trying to go back home to him."

That's when Zuko had, had enough, elbowing Jet in the stomach sending him stumbling backwards. "You do not get to talk about my father like that! I will be able to go home and you can't say anything after what you did to me!" Yelled Zuko angrily.

"Really Zuko!? After he burnt off half your fucking face!?" Screamed Jet as he shoved Zuko into the wall. "I like it when you get angry though." He whispered seductively into Zukos ear, before crashing his lips onto Zukos.

Zuko thrashed around as tears began to roll down his cheeks, but the taller boy had him pinned down making it impossible to break free.

Zuko shut his eyes painfully tight as he continued to thrash around as hard as he could.

Suddenly there was a loud crack as Jet tumbled to the ground clutching his jaw. "What the fuck is wrong with you!? Dont ever touch Zuko again! You're sick!" Screamed Sokka as he stood over Jet.

"Fuck you." Hissed Jet as he slowly stood up, his dark eyes looking at Sokka evilly.

"Touch him again and I'll punch your nose so hard it'll end up as crooked as you're shitty looking eyebrows!"

Jet scoffed and marched out of the bathroom without another word.

"Zuko are you ok? Did he hurt you? I swear I'll go after him right now!" Panicked Sokka grabbing the sobbing boy and pulling him into a hug.

"How much did you hear?" Sniffed Zuko clutching Sokka tighter.

Sokka did the same, intertwining his fingers in Zukos inky black strands of hair. "The yelling parts... Mr Kuruk said I needed to come and get you... make sure you're ok... which clearly you're not... wanna talk about it?" Whispered Sokka.

"Not now." Mumbled Zuko into Sokkas hoodie.

Reluctantly Sokka pulled away from Zuko, honestly he wished the hug could last forever. "Hey, I'll be here whenever you're ready to talk, you're my best friend Zuko."

Zuko smiled softly to show his appreciation. The word 'friend' though, that hurt a little bit.

Sokka smiled back and blushed softly. Why are you blushing?
I dunno it's just that word doesn't sit well with me...
What word?
Friend.

"Come on we better get back before sir goes crazy!" Smiled Sokka waving his arms around, he wasn't the best with serious situations but he could make it work if he needed to.

______

The rest of the week went past quickly. Sokka and Zuko spent most of their time putting together their report. They hadn't gone out looking for The Blue Spirit together yet but Zuko knew that the time would come, and he couldn't say no. Not this time.