chapter 5

Sokka: hey aang?

Aang: yess?

Sokka: I was wondering if I could talk to you?
Sokka: just need to get something out of my mind ig.

Aang: of course! I have to take Appa for a walk so could I meet you at the park!
Aang: Is Katara coming?

Sokka sighed. Of course Aang would want Katara to come.

Sokka: sorry Aang, but no your girlfriend is not coming
Sokka: and this needs to stay between us ok?

Aang: she's not my girlfriend! Besides you know I can't keep secrets Sokka.
Aang: especially from Katara!

Sokka: Aang you have to promise me!

Aang: ok! Ok I promise!

Sokka: good! I'll see you there Aang, thanks buddy.

Aang: see you!

He turned off his phone. Sokka knew he couldn't trust Aang completely not to tell Katara, but he desperately needed to get it off his chest.

Sokka sat his bag onto the table to shove his keys and phone into it and accidentally knocked over a glass. "Shit." He was to full of nerves to function like a normal person.

"Where are you going?" Asked Zuko as he stepped out of the bathroom, his wet black hair, sopping over his face. His muscular chest completely exposed and only a towel covering his lower body.

Shit.

Sokka had no idea he was even staring, his face getting warmer and warmed, the longer he stared. "Hello? Sokka?"

"Oh... I erm... s-sorry." Stuttered Sokka. "Im... uh going to go see Aang"

"I see... we could work on the project this afternoon... I was thinking we could go out to Caldera... yknow Blue Spirit?" Said Zuko as he ducked into another room to change.

Sokka was glad, certainly not wanting Zuko to see him blushing so furiously. Psh... so what if I find him really, really hot. You can admire people without liking them... this is totally normal Sokka! Stop being weird.

"That sounds great! Can I get your number though? We can just meet there yknow?" Sokka mumbled the last part.

Zuko re-emerged again, this time fully dressed. "Uh yeah that would be great! Here" He said passing Sokka his phone. No way! No way! I'm getting Sokka's number! Oh my gosh! Keep calm Zuko! KEEP CALM!

"Send me a text! I gotta go! See ya!" Said Sokka as he practically sprinted out of the door. Leaving Zuko blushing heavily and staring at Sokka's contact now in his phone.

____

Shortly Sokka arrived at the park, before Aang of course. The boy sat on the empty set of swings as he waited.

Maybe this is a bad idea. Aangs gonna think I'm a total idiot.

Aang would never judge me though.

This sucks!

Sokka lifted his head to see a massive dog bounding toward him, knocking him completely off the swing and licking his face repetitively.

"Sokka!" Cried Aand as he ran toward the boy and the gigantic dog. "Come on Appa get off him boy." Said Aang as he dragged Appa off Sokka.

"Someone's full of energy today." Smiled Sokka as he wiped the saliva from his face.