chapter 11

Boyfriends boyfriends boyfriends boyfriends boyfriends boyfriends boyfriends. That was the only thing rushing through Sokka's head for the rest of the school day, he had completely forgotten about the Katara conversation that morning, all he wanted was to get back to the dorm and hold Zuko as he plays with his perfect hair and listen to his perfect voice and look at his perfect face. Holy shit... I think I'm in love.

Sokka practically bounded back to his dorm, accidentally skipping his soccer practice. Zuko Zuko Zuko Zuko Zuko.

To his surprise Zuko was there before him. He was sat on his bed staring blankly at his phone, not even using it. "Hey Zuko!" Sokka sang as he stepped into the dorm. "Here already? Man Mr Fong must've let you out really early." He said sitting next to Zuko.

"I-I got a call." He replied staring at the cracked, black screen of his phone. His voice was distant, almost behaving like Sokka was this morning.

"Okay... who was it from?" Sokka questioned glancing at the locked screen.

Zuko remained silent for another couple of seconds. "From... from my father." He said shakily.

Sokka pulled Zuko into his lap again, maybe this wasn't the ideal way to be cuddling his new boyfriend like he wanted to, but either way he got to spend sometime with Zuko. "Well what did he want then?" He asked removing the phone from Zuko's grasped, to stop him from staring at the black screen.

"I-I don't know... didn't pick up... he-he has just been calling and calling." Zuko muttered as he stared at the ceiling.

Sokka nodded in acknowledgement. "Are you gonna call him back?" He asked softly, stroking his hair to help calm him.

"I probably should."

"Just do what makes you feel comfortable ok? I'll be here for you no matter what your stupid dad says or does." Smiled Sokka as he passed the phone back to Zuko.

Zuko took a deep breath as he pressed the contact named 'Ozai.' He turned his speaker on so he wouldn't have to hold his phone to his sweaty cheek and so Sokka could also hear what was going on incase he needed to step in.

"It is good to finally hear from you boy." Came a chilling, raspy voice from the phone. This guy is definitely a heavy smoker.

"Ozai." Said Zuko as coldly as possible.

"How is school?" Ozai asked distantly, clearly uninterested in what the answer would be.

"What do you want?" Hissed Zuko as he ignored the other man.

"I wish to speak with you... in person."

Zuko froze, taking a deep breath in. There has to be something more to this. "Mmm..." he responded silently.

"I think it is time you returned home Zuko. I would like to speak to you about these arrangements." Said Ozai coldly. Sokka could tell something was up, that there was another motive behind Zuko returning home. Ozai knew something, he just didn't know what yet.

Zuko was stiff again, his blood practically running cold. "You- you want me to return home..?" He stuttered.

He knew he was stupid to even consider his father offer. But home, he hadn't felt like he had been home for years. Yes he was happier when he lived with Iroh, but it never felt like home to him. "Yes Zuko... it has been long enough I wish to speak with you as soon as possible."

Zuko remained silent. "I will be there in a couple of days, I'll catch a plane from Iroh's place."

Sokka stared at Zuko his mouth wide open.

"Why bother when you are boarding at the school just by my warehouses." With that Ozai hung up, leaving Zuko and Sokka staring at his home screen in shock.

"He knows... how could he know!?" Zuko yells, gripping his bedsheets tightly, his knuckles slowly turning white. "How did he find me!?"

"Zuko... why did you come here if you knew he would be here, that there was a possibility of him finding you?" Questioned Sokka, plucking Zukos hands off his bed sheets.

"I- it doesn't matter!" He snaps, pushing Sokka away and sitting in the corner of his bed, pouting like a little kid.

Sokka thinks he knows why, but doesn't say anything. "I'm coming with you, we can go tomorrow, ok?" He said wiggling over to Zuko to put his arms around him.

"I wish uncle was here... it's times like this I could really do with his stupid advice." Zuko sighed. "Even though I never know exactly what it means."

Sokka chuckled. "I gotta meet your uncle sometime! He seems really important to you."

Zuko leaned his head on top of Sokkas. "Yeah... honestly he was more of a dad than my father ever was... and I left him."

The other boy nodded. "Why?"

"Because I'm an idiot."

Sokka chuckled, tightening his grip around his boyfriend. "Yes. But you're my idiot." He turned his face upwards planting a kiss on Zukos cheek.

He blushed, Zuko was still getting used to physical affection. Mai and him were too awkward for that kind of stuff. Of course Jet was a little more of a touchy touchy kind of guy, almost too touchy and it would piss Zuko off. But Sokka was perfect, he knew just when to make the right moves and knew when not to. He should've expected it though, Sokka is perfect.

"Well if I'm your idiot, then you can be mine." Mumbled Zuko into Sokkas hair.

The other boy pretended to gasp in outrage. "So you're calling me an idiot? Last time I checked it was me doing all your math homework for you!"

"We get it you're a total nerd." Zuko chuckled as Sokka let out another gasp. "That's it! If I'm your idiot then you're my nerd!"

Sokka grabbed the pillow behind him, slamming it onto Zukos face. "Now get some rest stupid! Sleep for once in your life!" He said clapping between each word then pulled Zuko down to lie on his chest.

"I sleep!"

"Nuh uh, you nap there is a difference." Sokka said covering Zukos mouth with his hand.

The other boy licked it, causing Sokka to pull it away in disgust. "Stop annoying me I'm trying to sleep!" Zuko smirked attempting his best impression of Sokkas voice, as Sokka began wiping his saliva onto Zukos shirt.

"Good!" Sokka smiled triumphantly as he planted another kiss on the back Zukos head, letting the inky black strands tickle his nose.

"Goodnight Sokka." Whispered Zuko. "Thank you."

"Good night Zuko, don't worry about tomorrow everything is gonna be fine, I promise." Sokka whispered back, Zuko wiggling backwards so the only thing between them was their clothes.

_________
BORINGGG 🤪😝😋😛