CHAPTER 27 - COLLATERAL DAMAGE

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

First update of the new year. I hope I will be better and update more often than compared to last year!

Chapter 27 is here and it is dedicated to @Chells18 :D

****

MOISTURIZING OUR SKIN:

It's supposed to be winter season now but it's also raining in my place and that had made the cold horrible for my skin. I have very, very dry skin. So dry that I have Keratosis Pilaris all over my stomach and back. There is no cure for it but most of the treatments involve in keeping the skin as moisturized as possible as winters are the worst.

Moisturizing the skin is a must for everyone (regardless of the skin type) especially during the winter season as it keeps skin healthy and prevents irritation caused by dryness. It's better to moisturize after a shower as hot water bath might feel good but is very bad for the skin. Moisturising helps skin stay young and wrinkle-free and prevent skin problems like acne and dryness.

The massage you give your skin while moisturising boosts blood circulation. I cannot recommend a particular brand but it's wise to try different brands and find the best one for you based on your skin type and the skin's reaction to the environment around you.

Remember, staying hydrated is the best moisturiser for your skin so drink LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER!

___

"When one with honeyed words but evil mind
Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state."
Euripides, Orestes

___

CHAPTER 27 – COLLATERAL DAMAGE

Cyane and Xanthos were learning to cook.

It was just another thing in her list but she pretty soon realized that cooking requires skills which she as well as Xanthos lacked.

It was a hot Saturday afternoon and since it was a work-free weekend for Xanthos, he had agreed to teach her cooking but she very soon realized that he wasn't any good at it either. So, she decided to be creative and show him her skill with some food arts. They were randomly having fruits and snacks for a late lunch.

"Very cute" Xanthos commented when she presented him with a plate of banana slices and some black grapes beautifully arranged as a sheep.

Plopping a grape into her mouth, Cyane giggled and continued to slice strawberry's to present a rooster in another plate. Her eyes drifted towards the vegan omelette and brown bread slices in another box and as another idea popped into her head, she picked it up. She would creatively arrange a ferocious lion's face.

His phone rang at the moment and excusing himself, he went out of the room. Cyane stiffened and watched him as he paced the length of the hallway, listening to the other person. It was a man's voice on the other line.

Watching Xanthos, Cyane began cutting off the edges of the bread and then buttering it up. He noticed her and gave a tight smile before walking to his other apartment and then promptly closing the door. The last few days, whenever he was not with her or the king, he had been spending his time there, alone.

She picked up two strawberry slices and set up the eyes to her art. However, her attention was fixed on the front door. She couldn't pick up anything and that bothered her. With delicate fingers, she arranged the phloem bundles of the banana as whiskers.