CHAPTER 24 - TRUST

Presenting Chapter 24 and it is dedicated to @amalrahman :D

****

SODA WATER:

Also known as Carbonated Water is water containing dissolved carbon-dioxide gas which makes those little bubbles in the water. Though there is danger in drinking excessive soda water, one cannot deny the benefits of it either.

It hydrates the body just like regular water and almost has the same benefits of drinking ordinary water, just make sure that there is no added sugar in soda water. The most important benefit of soda that I have known is that it helps relieve stomach ache because of indigestion.

The soda water helps relieve constipation problems better than regular water. Studies have also shown that soda water improves overall digestion and does not have any harmful effects on dental health.

___

"I don't need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better."– Plutarch

___

CHAPTER 24 – TRUST

"Did you inform the king?" That was the first question Xanthos asked his friend.

"No" Grayson admitted and Cyane furrowed her brows.

Johnny was a rogue and Minerva had shown his photo to Cyane but it had been blurred and since he didn't seem so important, so she hadn't cared for much details about the rogue. Xanthos did because there was no display of emotion from Xanthos. Neither relief nor panic and that bothered her because Cyane knew he was scary when he showed no emotion at all.

His mind was continuously plotting at that very time and no one could guess what was going on in there.

"Should I?" Grayson asked tersely.

"Not yet," Xanthos said and then held Cyane's wrist, "Let's go."

"Where are we going?" she asked Xanthos in confusion as he helped her get into the passenger seat of his open jeep.

"You are going to the apartment" Xanthos replied as his friends got onto the backseat.

"I am sending you the location" Grayson replied sharing the location on his phone.

"Johnny Zeke. How did the bastard come out now? After all this time?" Brody mused.

"There was an incident in the hospital near Crescere recently. Thirty people dead. Bodies burnt. The authorities cannot point out what happened" Grayson began.

"Ash?" Brody asked.

"No" Grayson snapped. "I don't think it's Ash. There was a fire of some sort but no one knows what happened. The cameras were destroyed and some suspect it's the work of Scevola she-wolves. The authorities did not rule out massacre suspicions as of now and so, they are investigating criminals around the area."

"And Crescere is Johnny's lair. Of course, the rat is going to come out!" Miki grinned. "Where is he coming?"

"The powerhouse. He wants weapons and we have posed as sellers" Grayson smirked.

"How did you track him?" Brody asked suspiciously.

"I have my ways" Grayson replied cunningly and Cyane noticed that one corner of Xan's mouth tilted upward.

When Xan brought the jeep to a halt in front of the apartment, Miki and Brody got out first and ran upstairs. Grayson quickly followed.

"You will stay in the apartment until I am back?" Xanthos asked her and she nodded. "You don't have to worry; I will take care of everything" Xanthos added and she furrowed her brows.