CHAPTER 05 - KIDNAPPED

HOLA,

I'm one day earlier than I planned but it's because it's my friend's birthday and since she is always the first one to read all my stories I had to update a chapter on her day. So, yeah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY @Akshatha6 :D:D Thank-you for always being a wonderful friend :D LOVE YOU LOADS!!!

Also, this chapter is dedicated to @AnonymousAnnabelle :D

Now, let's go ahead...

****

CARROTS-

The first thing my mom told me after I started getting eyesight problem was— Eat carrots. Hell, she even used to make a tall glass of carrot juice for me. Why? Because carrot contains vitamin A and the deficiency of this vitamin causes eye disease. Eating carrots help only if your vision problems are due to vitamin A deficiency. (Mine wasn't and so, right now I have glasses sitting on my nose and I hate wearing them in summer season the most.)

It also has vitamin B6 that is involved in converting food to energy. It's doctor recommended for women who have trouble keeping food inside their stomach during the initial stages of pregnancy.

Besides this, carrots also contain small amounts of calcium in them which is good for bone health.

So, yeah, grab a carrot, scrub it clean, peel the skin (if you want to) and then have it like a snack!

____

"It wasn't enough to be kidnapped, I had to be insulted too."
Charlaine Harris

____

CHAPTER 05 – KIDNAPPED

FOUR HOURS AGO,

Sitting alone, in the vacant bus-stand, Cyane checked her phone for the umpteenth time and sighed when she noticed she hasn't received any message from Minerva.

She did want to call her friend, but decided against it because what if Min was still in the class? Unlike Cyane, Minerva took her studies seriously and was very good at it.

It was three in the afternoon and it was blazing hot and Cyane noticed that she was sweating just by simply sitting. Back at her home in Neaera, Cyane never actually sweated simply by sitting because no one did. It was cloudy nine out of ten times in Sylvan mountains and for the remaining one time, it would rain heavily. The only time she sweated was when she was training.

Sweeping her newly cut shoulder-length hair, off her nape, she tensed because it had been sixty-six days since she had run away from her wedding. Sixty-six days since she had been home since she had seen either of her grandparents. She loved them dearly but coming out of that world, she realized that they had always held her back in finding her true place. In being something more than a Lycorian Princess.

She had learned to live a different life already under the guidance and care of Yolanda and her husband, who was also a wonderful person. After agreeing with Cyane's request that day in her office, Yolanda had provided her with a room to stay and asked her to help in the hospital. When Yolanda's daughter Minerva had come to visit her mother, Cyane had first met her and they had hit it off immediately.

Cyane had also loved bonding with the little children in the hospital and healing them. She had gone through a range of emotions in that hospital but she had loved every single one of it because it was an experience that she had never had before.

She got to see the pain, the utter helplessness, the joy, the happiness... everything within the buildings of the Moonflower Community Hospital. She had also made some other friends. Cyane stiffened when she thought of them— Winnie and Mel. Her first-ever friends and now, their fate was unknown to her.