CHAPTER 04 - KING'S PET

HAPPY SAURAMANA UGADI!

Technically, today is when we celebrate NEW YEAR at home and I wish you all have a healthy and happy new year!

Dedicated to @aaradhana_adithya for being the first person to comment to this story :D

Oh, BTW, This chapter is set THREE MONTHS AFTER the previous chapter. Enjoy!

****

LIME-

The first thing that comes to my mind when I think of lime is the sour taste and that it is a tedious job to mix sugar or salt in its juice. Which is why I was often too lazy to prepare a lime juice. But drinking lime water can help rejuvenate the skin as lime is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants.

Lime water also helps in fighting infection and increasing iron content in your diet. Iron is the nutrient that is much needed for an anaemic.

So yes, I have now officially developed a habit of slicing lime and then preparing the juice whenever I feel like it, which is often! Besides this, I have always loved the fresh scent of lime and Inhaling the scent of the lime is also recommended to prevent nausea.

It's cheap and it is easy to make a lime juice, so yeah, don't be lazy like I was. Drink lime juice often... makes summer heat bearable!

____

"Well, I can certainly see why we're trying to keep them alive. Who wouldn't want pets that can burn, sting, and bite all at once?"
J.K. Rowling,

____

CHAPTER 04 – KING'S PET

SEPTEMBER 2017,

King Stanislaus Winthrop of the Kingdom of Aelius was a king who had an equal number of friends and enemies. He was the best with those who loved him and worst with those who hated him. Being a king, it was natural that several people hated him.

He had been aware of that since the day he had seen a wolf murdering his innocent parents; the former king and queen of Aelius. Often, he has been told to put his kingdom first over family and he had tried his best to do that.

However, he very dearly loved his family and he disliked it the most when those who hated him, targeted any member of his family. It was what being king to a kingdom entailed, his advisors had warned him. The enemies would try to use every weakness and the king knew that and tried his best to stop it, but there were times when his enemies would end up having the upper hand and now, was one such time.

With green eyes, that were widely known to be shrewd, he watched his bodyguard, Alex, almost crush his phone and angrily curse and pace the length of his office room.

"He is demanding a ransom. He wants the entire town of Crescere for himself in exchange for your son" Alex bit out through gritted teeth. "We are already tracking him down and when we find him, we will kill him" Alex swore viciously.

"They have killed his friends?" The king asked, his grey eyebrows deeply furrowed. A man in his mid-sixties, the king who had lost the ability to shift into his wolf, after losing both his hands during a war with the rogues, still invoked fear and respect among his people.

"No. As of now, they have just been held captive. But the fucker has threatened to send us body parts if we do not give a reply to him soon. Starting with the girl" Alex said with a growl.