CHAPTER 06 - STAR ESSENCE

Hi There,

Chapter 6 is here and it is dedicated to @colour_splash :D

****

SPINACH-

Green leafy vegetables. Enough said!

My school teachers used to stress about its benefits, so you can imagine how healthy it truly is. I am truly not a fan of spinach. I don't like the taste of spinach at all (except when it's Palak Paneer, but let's face it, that's only because of the paneer 😉) But whenever it is cooked at house, I do not let it go waste simply because it is good for health.

It has high amounts of vitamin A, C and K1 that has many benefits like it improves your eyesight; is good for the immune system and bone health. But people who have kidney stone problems and are taking blood-thinning medication should avoid it.

Spinach promotes skin health, prevents hair loss and overall helps in building up the immune system and in times like this, that's what we need!

____

"So. Tell me. What do you think? Which is better? To take action and perhaps make a fatal mistake - or to take no action and die slowly anyway?"
Ahdaf Soueif,

____

CHAPTER 06 – STAR ESSENCE

"We tried our best, but he was attacked brutally in the head and the injury has caused his brain tissue to swell and bleed internally. His wolf had collapsed within and is not responding to any of the treatments. It may take weeks, months for him to respond. Until then, I deeply regret to inform you that your son has slipped into coma, Sire"

The queen dropped to the chair and sobbed repeatedly, while King Stanislaus clenched and unclenched his fingers, glaring at the doctor, who refused to meet his eyes.

He was furious! He had sent the best team possible for his son and only two of them had returned home, with his severally injured son. In a day, the kingdom lost some of its best fighters.

Alex, the king's chief bodyguard for more than a decade, was killed in the attack!

Alex had been sure the whole thing was a work of some petty thugs, but how wrong he had been. It had been Ash.

Ash was the one who had attacked Saint and killed Alex and... The king closed his eyes and the growl that emanated from him, caused the doctors and the nurses to tremble.

He had sent the best team and now, they had been reduced to ashes. The burnt, broken bodies of the wolves found in the old, abandoned factory of Crescere, hadn't been recognisable.

"We... we will try harder. We'll get the best medical team for the prince" the head nurse stuttered.

"Then do it!" the king snapped. "I want my son to wake up and you do whatever you can to make that happen! And if he doesn't wake up soon, then I am going to close your eyes forever. All of yours!" the king threatened and then marched out of the room, while the doctor and his team cowered in fear.

As the king marched down the long hallway, his bodyguards followed after him and very soon, Oliver, his secretary, stepped beside him.

"Sire," There was something in his secretary's quiet, sombre voice that had the king stopping in his tracks. Oliver's brown eyes flickered to the king's bodyguards once, before he whispered, "I would like to have a word with you in private."