CHAPTER 14 - ESCAPE

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY :D:D

And you must know that I love posting on my birthday. So, here is a very long chapter and it is dedicated to @bloomai245

****

SESAME SEEDS AND OIL:

It's called 'Til' in Hindi & 'Ellu' in Kannada. The laddu (ellu unde) made out of this is my all-time favourite! Sesame seeds are very rich in protein and iron, especially the black ones and rich in iron means it is recommended for those suffering from anemia. It's also good for oral health as sesame oil helps removing dental plaque and helps whiten your teeth.

The sesame seed oil has anti-inflammatory properties that are vital in healing redness, sores and other skin issues like cracked heels. On a lazy weekend, just massage your whole body with sesame oil, leave it for an hour and then take a shower, it feels awesome!

One more benefit of sesame seed oil is that it encourages hair growth by combatting dryness and flakiness of scalp while also restoring the moisture. Also, it's known to prevent premature greying of hair.

____

"That's the funny thing about trying to escape. You never really can. Maybe temporarily, but not completely."
Jennifer L. Armentrout, Onyx

____

CHAPTER 14 – ESCAPE

Cyane couldn't sleep.

After a simple dinner, she had been trying to fall asleep when she was woken up by the boisterous roar of thunder. It was so loud and angry that she had immediately rushed towards the window. She regretted missing the lightning cracks on the sky and had patiently waited for another roar of thunder, but it never happened.

With a pout, she had climbed back to bed and had tried in vain for the past two hours to try to sleep. She couldn't sleep and she knew it was so because she had slept for three hours in the afternoon.

She couldn't help herself. It was so boring here that she had immediately fallen asleep after lunch. Even after waking up, she had tried to entertain herself by watching television in Xan's house but that too got boring after a point.

Grayson's younger brother had come in the evening to entertain her and that boy liked to talk a lot. Cyane smiled when she thought about him because she liked him. He was sweet and kind and very considerate. He even brought her an ice-cream tub.

Her mouth watered when she recalled the fig flavoured ice-cream tub. It was still in the refrigerator. Maybe after having it, she could try to sleep.

Pushing off the covers, she got up from the bed but paused before setting her foot on the floor. Brody, who was watching over her, was fast asleep in the Xanthos's other room and she didn't want to wake him up. Which is why, she levitated before moving towards the door and after opening the locks, she slowly pushed it open to peep outside.

It was completely dark and her night vision wasn't as great as wolves, but the only scent she could catch in the house was that of Brody's. Her lips compressed to form a thin line when she grasped that Xanthos hadn't returned yet. Through Brody and Jayson's conversation, she had come to know that the king had sent Xanthos and Grayson to Crescere, to the abandoned factory, to find some proofs about the recent attack on Crown Prince Saint.

It had taken great effort to feign ignorance when Brody shared that the king had asked them to find clues about the girl who had been with Saint. It shook her to know that the king had been aware that his son was with some girl. How long before they get to her? Xanthos had been in the building that day and eventually, he too would realize that she was the one he is looking for.