CHAPTER 34 - REASON WITH

Namaste,

Chapter 34 is here and it is dedicated to @angelindia :D

****

CUCUMBER:

A salad is just not that great without a cucumber in it. It contains a good percentage of water to keep us hydrated. High in nutrients such as magnesium, potassium, and manganese which are known to lower blood pressure and regular consumption of cucumber is beneficial for people with hypertension.

To maximize the nutrient content, cucumbers should be eaten unpeeled as peeling them reduces the amount of fiber and minerals. The fiber in cucumber helps in digestion and prevents constipation.

Applying cucumber juice is great for the skin to make it soft and glowy. Besides this, they also strengthen the nails and prevent bad breath. People with kidney problems should not consume too much cucumber as it can increase the water content in their bodies.

___

"People mistakenly assume that their thinking is done by their head; it is actually done by the heart which first dictates the conclusion, then commands the head to provide the reasoning that will defend it."
Anthony de Mello

___

CHAPTER 34 – REASON WITH

PAST

The first time he had seen her, she had been writing on the glass walls of the bakery. It wasn't just normal writing. It was calligraphy, a visual art, and everyone passing by would stop and stare at her working.

Though he was exceptionally smart as his teachers told him, it took him some time to figure out that she was writing the bakery's name on the glass.

She remained unaware of their gazes as she beautifully traced her white ink on the glass walls with her left hand. Stretching her hands, craning her neck, she continued writing 'Mamma's Bakery' in a distinctive, cursive way.

Standing on the other side of the glass wall, as he munched on the bread given to him by the pitiful bakery owner, he stared at her in amazement for he had never seen someone write so beautifully.

Their eyes met from the other side and her blue eyes warmed as she gave him a kind smile, before completing her work with the words, 'Made with love.'

When she was finished, there was a loud round of applause from her audience, and stunned, she turned to face them and smiled brightly, surprised by their gesture. Bowing her head, she packed up her stationery and then walked inside the bakery. The air from the cooler sent her blonde mane flying behind her, making her smile.

The bakery staff clapped and cheered at her, bringing a beautiful blush on her pale skin.

"That was beautiful Eleni. Lovely" the owner, a middle-aged man, said walking towards her.

"Thank you. I am glad you appreciate it" Eleni grinned.

"Your work of art increased the footfalls" the owner whispered, making her throw her head back and laugh.

"Happy to be of help, Alfred," she said kindly.

"Take a seat until I write your cheque," Alfred said pulling back a chair to a table that was a few feet away from where he was standing near the dustbin. "Here, our menu. Anything you want, it's on the house" the owner added before he walked into the counter.