CHAPTER 17 - LYCORIANS

HOLA,

Lycorians... You have heard about them from the start of the story and here it is, the first proper introduction to them. Presenting Chapter 17 and it is dedicated to @zube123 :D

****

PAPAYA:

Papaya has good water and fibre content and that aids in digestion as it helps body metabolise and break down food faster. Although it is sweet, it is also great for people who have diabetes because it's natural and low sugar content.

Other than boosting immunity, papaya also protects your heart and supports good eye and kidney health. Papaya seeds though bitter help in treating intestinal worms and I remember eating that as a kid. Also, the juice of papaya leaves is used to boost up the count of platelets in dengue treatment. 

Papaya is packed with vitamins that has anti-aging properties. It not only makes the skin look brighter and smoother but also keeps wrinkles at bay. The papain enzyme of the papaya fruit is a great aid to exfoliate dead skin and moisturize dry skin.

____

"Never judge another knight without first knowing the strength and cunning of the dragons he fights."
Richelle E. Goodrich, Slaying Dragons

____

CHAPTER 17 – LYCORIANS

Five seconds later, the bedroom door flew open again and Cyane stood in the doorway with a horrified look in her face.

Theos! How could she forget what she had done to his room?

When he saw her horrified expression, Xanthos just compressed his lips and nodded slowly.

"Sygnómi" she apologized sincerely. She hadn't meant to do that. The energy inside her had been like a bubbling volcano and it had just erupted. What had made her furious was the sight of his ex-girlfriend and she had been unable to hold back.

The energy had spread in a wave around her, destroying everything in its way. The choice had been to do that secretly in his room or in the room where his friends were also around. It wouldn't have killed them but they would have felt like they had lost a layer of their skin. So, according to her, his room had been a kinder option.

"English please," he said politely.

Cyane was about to apologize again, but then she wondered, why should she? His friends were the ones who kidnapped her in the first place and even after she had escaped, he had brought her back here.

She wasn't the only one at fault, he was too and it seems, she had underestimated Xanthos because he was far too clever. He had known from the start that she could talk, but he had played along and she was curious to know why he had done it.

Raising her chin, she walked haughtily and sat on one corner of the couch.

"What do you want in return?" she asked looking at him.

"Isn't it obvious?" he countered walking back to his seat on the chair and straddling it again.

"Not to me" she replied.

"Where is Gideon?" he asked her and she frowned.

"I don't know" she shrugged and when he cocked an eyebrow, she frowned at him. "The other guy has him... Ash or whatever else you people call him."

"You people?"

"I am not like you," Cyane said smugly and he noticed that, but he didn't explore further.